D - std.stream.open(char[] , FileMode ) and win32

reply mtrif katamail.com writes:
Phobos doc. say that, for win32, when FileMode is out the file is created if not
existing, which is also the default behaviour for fopen(...).
On win32 this is not done since CreateFile is used with OPEN_EXISTING and not
with OPEN_ALWAYS (which, I guess, was the intention).

Would you kindly check why this ? Won't this require another FileMode.new to
make the things easier ?

mtrif
Nov 20 2003
<mtrif katamail.com> wrote in message
news:bpipi0$1fhj$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Phobos doc. say that, for win32, when FileMode is out the file is created
if not
 existing, which is also the default behaviour for fopen(...).
 On win32 this is not done since CreateFile is used with OPEN_EXISTING and
not
 with OPEN_ALWAYS (which, I guess, was the intention).

 Would you kindly check why this ? Won't this require another FileMode.new
 make the things easier ?

 mtrif
Would you be interested in giving it a try and verifying that the changes work as expected?
Nov 21 2003