D - DMD ICE

reply "Matthew Wilson" <matthew stlsoft.org> writes:
AppName: dmd.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: dmd.exe
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00021126

In an attempt to trace, or avoid, the runtime stack overflow I've commented
out a large section of code in the test app with /+ +/. This code contains
several version{} sections.

It appears that the problem is that I'd commented out the entire contents of
a foreach body. If I put "anything" back in it, the ICE goes away, even

foreach(Entry entry; search)
{
  int i; // ICE goes away!
}
Oct 10 2003
"Matthew Wilson" <matthew stlsoft.org> wrote in message
news:bm811h$2n3n$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 AppName: dmd.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: dmd.exe
 ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00021126

 In an attempt to trace, or avoid, the runtime stack overflow I've
commented
 out a large section of code in the test app with /+ +/. This code contains
 several version{} sections.

 It appears that the problem is that I'd commented out the entire contents
of
 a foreach body. If I put "anything" back in it, the ICE goes away, even

 foreach(Entry entry; search)
 {
   int i; // ICE goes away!
 }
I need a reproducible sample, please!
Oct 11 2003
parent reply "Matthew Wilson" <matthew stlsoft.org> writes:
I can't do it. It only happens in a non-trivial setting.

news:bm9red$2468$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 "Matthew Wilson" <matthew stlsoft.org> wrote in message
 news:bm811h$2n3n$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 AppName: dmd.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: dmd.exe
 ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00021126

 In an attempt to trace, or avoid, the runtime stack overflow I've
commented
 out a large section of code in the test app with /+ +/. This code
contains
 several version{} sections.

 It appears that the problem is that I'd commented out the entire
contents
 of
 a foreach body. If I put "anything" back in it, the ICE goes away, even

 foreach(Entry entry; search)
 {
   int i; // ICE goes away!
 }
I need a reproducible sample, please!
Oct 11 2003
next sibling parent reply "Charles Sanders" <sanders-consulting comcast.net> writes:
Whats ICE ?

"Matthew Wilson" <matthew stlsoft.org> wrote in message
news:bm9sbk$25bs$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

parent "Matthew Wilson" <matthew stlsoft.org> writes:
Internal Compiler Error

"Charles Sanders" <sanders-consulting comcast.net> wrote in message
news:bm9u5i$27ul$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Whats ICE ?

[...]

Can you get it into one file?