D - D presence on the far east

reply Ant <Ant_member pathlink.com> writes:
D is all over the world!

Check here (helps if you read japanese)

http://f17.aaacafe.ne.jp/~labamba/

it has every thing for D!

Ant
Sep 19 2003
next sibling parent reply "Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> writes:
"Ant" <Ant_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bkfls7$2ruv$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 D is all over the world!

 Check here (helps if you read japanese)

 http://f17.aaacafe.ne.jp/~labamba/

 it has every thing for D!
Thanks for letting me know about it. I've added a link to www.digitalmars.com/d/dlinks.html
Sep 19 2003
next sibling parent "Sean L. Palmer" <palmer.sean verizon.net> writes:
They translated all your release notes to Japanese!?!! Wow!

news:bkg9uu$1k8q$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 "Ant" <Ant_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
 news:bkfls7$2ruv$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 D is all over the world!

 Check here (helps if you read japanese)

 http://f17.aaacafe.ne.jp/~labamba/

 it has every thing for D!
Thanks for letting me know about it. I've added a link to www.digitalmars.com/d/dlinks.html
Sep 19 2003
prev sibling next sibling parent reply "Charles Sanders" <sanders-consulting comcast.net> writes:
Could you remove that top DIDE link please Walter ?  Its no longer active.

Charles
news:bkg9uu$1k8q$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 "Ant" <Ant_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
 news:bkfls7$2ruv$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 D is all over the world!

 Check here (helps if you read japanese)

 http://f17.aaacafe.ne.jp/~labamba/

 it has every thing for D!
Thanks for letting me know about it. I've added a link to www.digitalmars.com/d/dlinks.html
I just tried it and it works. Perhaps I had the wrong one?

"Charles Sanders" <sanders-consulting comcast.net> wrote in message
news:bkgknt$2q10$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Could you remove that top DIDE link please Walter ?  Its no longer active.
Sep 20 2003
parent reply "Pizaz" <me here.com> writes:
He's referring to using  http://www.atari-soldiers.com/dide.html  instead of
the http://dide.for.d.tripod.com/  site which is no longer current.  You
actually have the DIDE link listed twice anyways.  About 7 items lower in
the list is the main DIDE site.

I would suggest linking it as

Charles Sanders.

just a suggestion :)

news:bkimjn$5f$2 digitaldaemon.com...
 I just tried it and it works. Perhaps I had the wrong one?

 "Charles Sanders" <sanders-consulting comcast.net> wrote in message
 news:bkgknt$2q10$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Could you remove that top DIDE link please Walter ?  Its no longer
active.

Sep 20 2003
parent "Charles Sanders" <sanders-consulting comcast.net> writes:
Yes but please replace Charles Sanders with Atari Soldiers :)

"Pizaz" <me here.com> wrote in message
news:bkinlf$1km$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 He's referring to using  http://www.atari-soldiers.com/dide.html  instead
of
 the http://dide.for.d.tripod.com/  site which is no longer current.  You
 actually have the DIDE link listed twice anyways.  About 7 items lower in
 the list is the main DIDE site.

 I would suggest linking it as

by

prev sibling parent reply John Reimer <jjreimer telus.net> writes:

 Thanks for letting me know about it. I've added a link to
 www.digitalmars.com/d/dlinks.html

I noticed that there seems to be quite a lot of detail at the site, including a history of the Language and Walter Bright, a spot on Sean Palmer and Direct3D (he's famous!). Also DUI, DIG, and SQLite references. At one of the linked sites, there appears to be a DirectX 9 interface for D. (http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA031566/d_direct3d9/). Perhaps that isn't new. There also appears to be an unusual D graphics/game app example using the D DirectX at the above site. They almost are busier with D there than we are here! It's a wonder they haven't got in touch with Walter yet!
Sep 21 2003
parent reply "Sean L. Palmer" <palmer.sean verizon.net> writes:
Wow, with that tool they can port api's over way faster than I can by hand!
I'm extremely pleased to find the D3D9 interfaces fully ported over... they
even got D3DX!

You Japanese guys are cool!  Why don't you post on the newsgroup more often?
We could definitely use some more input on many of the debates!

Sean

"John Reimer" <jjreimer telus.net> wrote in message
news:bkm058$2jea$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Thanks for letting me know about it. I've added a link to
 www.digitalmars.com/d/dlinks.html
I noticed that there seems to be quite a lot of detail at the site, including a history of the Language and Walter Bright, a spot on Sean Palmer and Direct3D (he's famous!). Also DUI, DIG, and SQLite references. At one of the linked sites, there appears to be a DirectX 9 interface for D. (http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA031566/d_direct3d9/). Perhaps that isn't new. There also appears to be an unusual D graphics/game app example using the D DirectX at the above site. They almost are busier with D there than we are here! It's a wonder they haven't got in touch with Walter yet!
Sep 22 2003
parent John Reimer <jjreimer telus.net> writes:
Sean L. Palmer wrote:
 Wow, with that tool they can port api's over way faster than I can by hand!
 I'm extremely pleased to find the D3D9 interfaces fully ported over... they
 even got D3DX!

 You Japanese guys are cool!  Why don't you post on the newsgroup more often?
 We could definitely use some more input on many of the debates!

 Sean

Woah! I didn't realize the extent of their accomplishment. They did do a thorough job on DX9, didn't they! They have D3DX? Oh I see it now. Hmm... they seem to have made an import library d conversion of the SDK D3DX dll, which is not redistributable outside the SDK. Is it possible to link to the the statically linked version released with the SDK (perhaps with the coff2omf tool of DMC)? D3DX seems to have always been a problem with gcc mingw. It was easy to get the import library working with the debug dll versions. But static linking for realease never worked as far as I know. Perhaps this is also an issue with D. Later, John
Sep 22 2003
prev sibling next sibling parent "Carlos Santander B." <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:
"Ant" <Ant_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bkfls7$2ruv$1 digitaldaemon.com...
| D is all over the world!
|
| Check here (helps if you read japanese)
|
| http://f17.aaacafe.ne.jp/~labamba/
|
| it has every thing for D!
|
| Ant

They seem to have something like a C++ to D tool. Also they've ported (or
written a wrapper) for BulletML (whatever that is... anyone familiar with
it?). Can someone at least give hints of what they have there?

—————————————————————————
Carlos Santander

prev sibling parent reply shinichiro.h <s31552 mail.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp> writes:
 Check here (helps if you read japanese)
I'm Japanese. Then I created a collection of links about the D language resources in Japan. http://user.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~s31552/wp/d/d_en.html I hope you find it informative. ------------------ shinichiro.h s31552 mail.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp http://user.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~s31552/wp/
Sep 21 2003
next sibling parent reply Ant <Ant_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <m3k781ec47.wl u.u>, shinichiro.h says...
 Check here (helps if you read japanese)
I'm Japanese. Then I created a collection of links about the D language resources in Japan. http://user.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~s31552/wp/d/d_en.html I hope you find it informative. ------------------ shinichiro.h s31552 mail.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp http://user.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~s31552/wp/
Amasing things going there, on your links. Unfortunatly can't run that a7xpg game, I don't have a sound board on this box... You'll have to look closer at your d_cpp tool! Ant
Sep 21 2003
parent reply Ant <Ant_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <bklrsd$29sb$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Ant says...
In article <m3k781ec47.wl u.u>, shinichiro.h says...
 Check here (helps if you read japanese)
I'm Japanese. Then I created a collection of links about the D language resources in Japan. http://user.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~s31552/wp/d/d_en.html I hope you find it informative. ------------------ shinichiro.h s31552 mail.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp http://user.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~s31552/wp/
Amasing things going there, on your links. Unfortunatly can't run that a7xpg game, I don't have a sound board on this box... You'll have to look closer at your d_cpp tool!
I meant (small words are the difficult ones ... ;P ) meanwhile SWIG for D seams to be working. Ant
Sep 21 2003
parent shinichiro.h <s31552 mail.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp> writes:
 I meant

 (small words are the difficult ones ... ;P )

 meanwhile SWIG for D seams to be working.
Yes, I checked SWIG for D in yesterday, and I felt my d_cpp is obsolete. He died young... (He was born on September 12) Therefore, you don't have to check it. shinichiro.h
Sep 21 2003
prev sibling next sibling parent "Charles Sanders" <sanders-consulting comcast.net> writes:
Uhh wow!
news:m3k781ec47.wl u.u...
Thanks! I've got the links up now on www.digitalmars.com/d/dlinks.html