D - On the type names (I know is too late)

reply Felix <Felix_member pathlink.com> writes:
Hi,

Some times ago, I saw a post on type names: why not use instead of int, real,
long int, unsigned int etc. the length afterward (i. e. int32, int64, signed32,
unsigned32 etc.). Even if the distinction between floating and fixed is not made
this way, when someone chooses a variable type usually thinks about his range,
which becomes explicite this way.

Just an opinion.

Felix
"Felix" <Felix_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bjs5u7$2svf$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Some times ago, I saw a post on type names: why not use instead of int,
real,
 long int, unsigned int etc. the length afterward (i. e. int32, int64,
signed32,
 unsigned32 etc.). Even if the distinction between floating and fixed is
not made
 this way, when someone chooses a variable type usually thinks about his
range,
 which becomes explicite this way.
If you really want to do this, you can make an import like this: module mytypenames; alias int int32; alias uint unsigned32; etc.
Sep 12 2003