D - Unavoidable Negativity

reply Tony West <Tony_member pathlink.com> writes:
It's in the nature of a newsgroup such as this that many postings are of a
negative nature, e.g. bug reports.

I just wanted to add a bit of balance by saying once again just how much I
appreciate Walters efforts (not to mention the regular posters who are also
contributing their time).

I hope that I can look back in a few years time and realise that I witnessed the
birth of a language rivalling C++ or Java in popularity.

Thanks again.

Tony
Sep 01 2003
next sibling parent "Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> writes:
"Tony West" <Tony_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:biusnf$kd8$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 It's in the nature of a newsgroup such as this that many postings are of a
 negative nature, e.g. bug reports.
People who know me know that I have an incredibly thick skin <g>. I like bug reports, they flush out the problems so they can get fixed. Fixed bug reports wind up in the D test suite, so they can't happen again.
Thank you. There are a lot of contributors to The D Project here besides myself! Check out all the cool stuff on www.digitalmars.com/d/dlinks.html
 I hope that I can look back in a few years time and realise that I
witnessed the
 birth of a language rivalling C++ or Java in popularity.
Yes. I am especially pleased with how far we've come considering that there's no corporation behind us pushing with a billion dollar marketing campaign. (The D ad budget is $0.00.) The last couple of months have seen a big surge in D's popularity, and that's entirely due to its merits and the enthusiasm of the people here.
 Thanks again.
You're welcome.
Sep 01 2003
You will! I agree though, I often see bug reports that look more like an attack on the language than an actual report. Like "Why cant D do this", or "at least in C++ ...". I'd like to see a freindlier, more effective approach to reporting bugs. Thanks, Charles "Tony West" <Tony_member pathlink.com> wrote in message news:biusnf$kd8$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 It's in the nature of a newsgroup such as this that many postings are of a
 negative nature, e.g. bug reports.

 I just wanted to add a bit of balance by saying once again just how much I
 appreciate Walters efforts (not to mention the regular posters who are
also
 contributing their time).

 I hope that I can look back in a few years time and realise that I
witnessed the
 birth of a language rivalling C++ or Java in popularity.

 Thanks again.

 Tony
Sep 01 2003
next sibling parent reply "Carlos Santander B." <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:
"Charles Sanders" <sanders-consulting comcast.net> wrote in message
news:bj013h$2647$1 digitaldaemon.com...
| I agree though, I often see bug reports that look more like an attack on
the
| language than an actual report.  Like "Why cant D do this", or "at least
in
| C++ ...".  I'd like to see a freindlier, more effective approach to
| reporting bugs.
|
| Thanks,
| Charles

I'm gonna have to change the way I post bugs ;)

—————————————————————————
Carlos Santander

---

"Carlos Santander B." <carlos8294 msn.com> wrote in message
news:bj0e1s$2n9r$3 digitaldaemon.com...
 I'm gonna have to change the way I post bugs ;)
The best kind of bug reports are short and to the point. You can include a flame with them if you like, I don't mind <g>.
Sep 01 2003
prev sibling parent "Matthew Wilson" <matthew stlsoft.org> writes:
I reckon I'm going to make Walter an honorary Yorkshireman, he's skin's so
tough. Don't worry about it. :)