D - graphic mode in D

reply tantius <tantius_member pathlink.com> writes:
hi,
i'm a student of informatic college (STTS) and now i'm doing my project about D.
I'm making reference book and example program about D, if success then the
college will start thinking to teaching D language for their student. and i need
ur help to explain simple about D, i have read ur pdf, and don't understand it
much.my question is :
1. how to import c library like graphics.h in D. so it can acces vga mode not
text mode.
2. how to gotoxy() and clrscr() and delay() in D.what library should i import.
3. import misc library with h extension like dos.h,conio.h
4. how to use opengl in D. i just download it from site
http://int19h.tamb.ru/files/opengl.zip don't know how to use it.
5. the right way to compile it, all i know is dmd .... the run it...
6. Is it possible to use database in D or in html? ( i don't find reference
database in D)

sori for the trouble and i hope u give the detail answer. i really appreciate if
u can help me. i wanted to learn and understand D because it combines C++ and
Java.

tius.

need help about D
Aug 29 2003
parent reply "Carlos Santander B." <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:
"tantius" <tantius_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:binp85$24be$1 digitaldaemon.com...
| ur help to explain simple about D, i have read ur pdf, and don't
understand it

Read the docs that come with the compiler. The pdf file is kinda old now.

| much.my question is :
| 1. how to import c library like graphics.h in D. so it can acces vga mode
not
| text mode.

There's no current way. You'd have to play a bit to get that.

| 2. how to gotoxy() and clrscr() and delay() in D.what library should i
import.

Andy Friesen wrote a console library. I added things to it to do what you
want. It's available in http://earth.prohosting.com/carlos3/console.html.
Just a couple of things: as I've said before, don't use programs like
download accelerator and I recommend using IE; if you want information about
the functions there used, go to www.digitalmars.com and look for the disp
library or something.

| 3. import misc library with h extension like dos.h,conio.h

DMD is for Win32, so dos functions won't work.

| 4. how to use opengl in D. i just download it from site
| http://int19h.tamb.ru/files/opengl.zip don't know how to use it.

Can't help you there: don't know opengl. But I believe that if you know some
of it then it wouldn't be much a trouble to use it.

| 5. the right way to compile it, all i know is dmd .... the run it...

You should have \dmd\bin and \dm\bin in your path, and then everything
should work right. Let's say you have a test.d and it uses the console
library above. You'd have to write: dmd test.d console.lib, to create
test.exe, and then you'd type test to run it. There you go.

| 6. Is it possible to use database in D or in html? ( i don't find
reference
| database in D)

There's a database project somewhere over here. Oh, yes: Chris Miller
(Vathix) in www.dprogramming.com.

| sori for the trouble and i hope u give the detail answer. i really
appreciate if
| u can help me. i wanted to learn and understand D because it combines C++
and
| Java.
|
| tius.
|
| need help about D

—————————————————————————
Carlos Santander
Aug 30 2003
Someone was working on MySQL wrappers any luck with that ? Charles "Carlos Santander B." <carlos8294 msn.com> wrote in message news:biq7u2$2v8v$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 "tantius" <tantius_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
 news:binp85$24be$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 | ur help to explain simple about D, i have read ur pdf, and don't
 understand it

 Read the docs that come with the compiler. The pdf file is kinda old now.

 | much.my question is :
 | 1. how to import c library like graphics.h in D. so it can acces vga
mode
 not
 | text mode.

 There's no current way. You'd have to play a bit to get that.

 | 2. how to gotoxy() and clrscr() and delay() in D.what library should i
 import.

 Andy Friesen wrote a console library. I added things to it to do what you
 want. It's available in http://earth.prohosting.com/carlos3/console.html.
 Just a couple of things: as I've said before, don't use programs like
 download accelerator and I recommend using IE; if you want information
about
 the functions there used, go to www.digitalmars.com and look for the disp
 library or something.

 | 3. import misc library with h extension like dos.h,conio.h

 DMD is for Win32, so dos functions won't work.

 | 4. how to use opengl in D. i just download it from site
 | http://int19h.tamb.ru/files/opengl.zip don't know how to use it.

 Can't help you there: don't know opengl. But I believe that if you know
some
 of it then it wouldn't be much a trouble to use it.

 | 5. the right way to compile it, all i know is dmd .... the run it...

 You should have \dmd\bin and \dm\bin in your path, and then everything
 should work right. Let's say you have a test.d and it uses the console
 library above. You'd have to write: dmd test.d console.lib, to create
 test.exe, and then you'd type test to run it. There you go.

 | 6. Is it possible to use database in D or in html? ( i don't find
 reference
 | database in D)

 There's a database project somewhere over here. Oh, yes: Chris Miller
 (Vathix) in www.dprogramming.com.

 | sori for the trouble and i hope u give the detail answer. i really
 appreciate if
 | u can help me. i wanted to learn and understand D because it combines
C++
 and
 | Java.
 |
 | tius.
 |
 | need help about D

 -------------------------
 Carlos Santander
Aug 30 2003
parent Alen Siljak <Alen_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <bir39g$16md$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Charles Sanders says...
Someone was working on MySQL wrappers any luck with that ?
should be fairly easy to (re)write one in d. This is just my 2c since I would like doing something like that but currently have the same kind of problems most of you do (time). :) Best, Alen
Aug 31 2003
prev sibling parent Benji Smith <dlanguage xxagg.com> writes:
In article <biq7u2$2v8v$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Carlos Santander B. says...
| 5. the right way to compile it, all i know is dmd .... the run it...

You should have \dmd\bin and \dm\bin in your path, and then everything
should work right. Let's say you have a test.d and it uses the console
library above. You'd have to write: dmd test.d console.lib, to create
test.exe, and then you'd type test to run it. There you go.
If you're going to work on any projects that have more than three or four source files, you'll quickly get overwhelmed if you're trying to compile and link d projects directly from the commandline. The trouble is that you have to give your linker arguments on the commandline in juuuuuust the right order. You have to make sure that the linker links object files in the order of bompile-dependency. It's a HUGE pain. Instead, you should download dig. Dig is a win32 GUI library available at http://opend.org/dig . You may or not care about writing windows GUI's, but that's not the important part. The important thing is that dig comes with digc, which is a build utility for d that parses "include" statements out of d source code and makes sure that the compiler and linker get their commandline parameters just right. So, rather than calling this on the commandline: dmd file1.d dependency1a.d dependency1b.d file2.d dependency2a.d dependency2b.d dependency2c.d file3.d dependency3a.d dependency3b.d You only need to call this: digc file1.d and it will figure out the rest.
Aug 30 2003