D - Sort the array of objects

reply Kai <Kai_member pathlink.com> writes:
I found if I sort an array of objects, like:

Object[] array;
array ~= new Object;
array ~= new Object;

array.sort;

Them will be sorted by address of object.
Why not sort them by overloaded operator Object.cmp() ?
Aug 20 2003
"Kai" <Kai_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bhvlu4$1sd7$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I found if I sort an array of objects, like:

 Object[] array;
 array ~= new Object;
 array ~= new Object;

 array.sort;

 Them will be sorted by address of object.
 Why not sort them by overloaded operator Object.cmp() ?
It does sort by Object.cmp(). The default implementation of Object.cmp() sorts by address. See phobos/object.d
Aug 28 2003