D - ETA on Properties??

reply "Matthew Wilson" <matthew stlsoft.org> writes:

Aug 19 2003
next sibling parent reply "Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> writes:
They keep getting pushed back. They may never get implemented, not sure they
should be.
Aug 21 2003
next sibling parent Derek Parnell <Derek.Parnell No.Spam> writes:
On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 23:34:10 -0700 (08/22/03 16:34:10)
, Walter <walter digitalmars.com> wrote:

 They keep getting pushed back. They may never get implemented, not sure
 they
 should be.
!Bombshell! Oh hang on, that was just a joke, right....please...?? -- Derek
Aug 21 2003
prev sibling next sibling parent reply "Matthew Wilson" <dmd synesis.com.au> writes:
No, come on. They're really useful.

I bet if we did a vote, you'd get at least 75% people say they were
desirable. (Properties, I mean, not the people!)

news:bi4dd4$2o0v$2 digitaldaemon.com...
 They keep getting pushed back. They may never get implemented, not sure
they
 should be.
Aug 22 2003
"Matthew Wilson" <dmd synesis.com.au> wrote in message news:bi4jn2$1av$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 No, come on. They're really useful.

 I bet if we did a vote, you'd get at least 75% people say they were
 desirable. (Properties, I mean, not the people!)
I vote yes they are a good feature (would have put them before manual object mem management) that is instance properties. I would also like to see class/static properties too as they would help with templated designs but that can wait for a bit.
Aug 22 2003
parent "Matthew Wilson" <matthew stlsoft.org> writes:
"Mike Wynn" <mike.wynn l8night.co.uk> wrote in message
news:bi5bgf$13nv$6 digitaldaemon.com...
 news:bi4dd4$2o0v$2 digitaldaemon.com...
 They keep getting pushed back. They may never get implemented, not
sure
 they
 should be.
"Matthew Wilson" <dmd synesis.com.au> wrote in message news:bi4jn2$1av$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 No, come on. They're really useful.

 I bet if we did a vote, you'd get at least 75% people say they were
 desirable. (Properties, I mean, not the people!)
I vote yes they are a good feature (would have put them before manual
object
 mem management)

 that is instance properties.
 I would also like to see class/static properties too as they would help
with
 templated designs but that can wait for a bit.
I would think once the instance ones are done the class ones would fall out easily, but could be wrong ;)
Aug 22 2003
prev sibling next sibling parent Ilya Minkov <midiclub 8ung.at> writes:
Walter wrote:
 They keep getting pushed back. They may never get implemented, not sure they
 should be.
I think they should. And say, did anyone on the newsgroup ever try to push them back? ;) -eye
Aug 22 2003
prev sibling parent "Riccardo De Agostini" <riccardo.de.agostini email.it> writes:
"Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:bi4dd4$2o0v$2 digitaldaemon.com...
 They keep getting pushed back. They may never get implemented, not sure
they
 should be.
I sincerely hope you were just kidding. a shivering Ric
Aug 25 2003
prev sibling parent reply "Carlos Santander B." <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:
I'm lost. What do you guys mean by ETA?

—————————————————————————
Carlos Santander

---
Aug 22 2003
next sibling parent reply BenjiSmith <dlanguage xxagg.com> writes:
In article <bi5f2b$193q$2 digitaldaemon.com>, Carlos Santander B.
says...
I'm lost. What do you guys mean by ETA?

—————————————————————————
Carlos Santander
Estimated Time of Arrival In other words, "what is the estimated time of arrival (or estimated completion date" for property setters and getters?" Answer all your acronym questions here... http://www.acronymfinder.com --Benji Smith
Aug 22 2003
parent reply "Carlos Santander B." <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:
"BenjiSmith" <dlanguage xxagg.com> wrote in message
news:bi5gk6$1bdi$1 digitaldaemon.com...

| Estimated Time of Arrival
|
| In other words, "what is the estimated time of arrival (or estimated
| completion date" for property setters and getters?"

Still not sure of what that means, but thanks.

—————————————————————————
Carlos Santander

---
Aug 22 2003
parent reply "Matthew Wilson" <matthew stlsoft.org> writes:
Just means "when is the likely date of implementation of properties"

:)

Matthew

"Carlos Santander B." <carlos8294 msn.com> wrote in message
news:bi5l98$1i1b$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 "BenjiSmith" <dlanguage xxagg.com> wrote in message
 news:bi5gk6$1bdi$1 digitaldaemon.com...

 | Estimated Time of Arrival
 |
 | In other words, "what is the estimated time of arrival (or estimated
 | completion date" for property setters and getters?"

 Still not sure of what that means, but thanks.

Aug 22 2003
parent "Carlos Santander B." <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:
"Matthew Wilson" <matthew stlsoft.org> wrote in message
news:bi64p9$28q3$2 digitaldaemon.com...
| Just means "when is the likely date of implementation of properties"
|
| :)
|
| Matthew

lol... thanks

—————————————————————————
Carlos Santander

---
Aug 22 2003
prev sibling parent reply John Reimer <jjreimer telus.net> writes:
Carlos Santander B. wrote:
 I'm lost. What do you guys mean by ETA?

 —————————————————————————
 Carlos Santander

 ---

This is actually a very common term among emergency services :). If we have a person in cardiac arrest in the back of the ambulance, the hospital wants to know our ETA (or "How long will be until your arrival?"). It seems the term is quite popular in other fields too (in the Western world, anyway). Later, John
Aug 22 2003
parent "Matthew Wilson" <matthew stlsoft.org> writes:
When I'm stuck in the bubble (what my friends and family call my office!)
and am starving hungry, I am wont to call out "What's our ETD?"

(Estimated Time of Dining)

Just paint me the sexist, terse slob. :)

"John Reimer" <jjreimer telus.net> wrote in message
news:bi6bu6$2jmk$1 digitaldaemon.com...