D - Is this a bug?

reply Friedrich Dominicus <frido q-software-solutions.com> writes:
DMD V 0.67 on Linux
I have two files in a directory one with an Interface
Graphics, and one is a class whic implements this Interface.

If I run dmd class_file.d than I got the message:
dmd rectangle.d
rectangle.d(10): identifier 'Graphics' is not defined

I can add -I. but that won't help neither does a change to DFLAGS.

What am I missing?

Thanks for your time
Friedrich
Aug 11 2003
Try reducing this to a trivial 3 line example, and see if the error is
reproducible. If so, post it here and we'll have a look at it.

news:bh8bsu$19ht$1 digitaldaemon.com...

parent reply Friedrich Dominicus <frido q-software-solutions.com> writes:
Walter wrote:
 Try reducing this to a trivial 3 line example, and see if the error is
 reproducible. If so, post it here and we'll have a look at it.
class A { public int foo () { return 0; } } class B: A { public int foo () { return 1;} } int main (){ B b = new B(); printf("foo() = %d\n", b.foo()); return 0; } try one: dmd -I/usr/local/dmd/src/phobos -I. b.d b.d(1): identifier 'A' is not defined try two: export DFLAGS=-I/usr/local/dmd/src/phobos:. dmd b.d Error: Error reading file 'object.d' try three: vi /etc/dmd.conf change it to: [Environment] DFLAGS=-I/usr/local/dmd/src/phobos;. dmd b.d Error: Error reading file 'object.d' try four: vi /etc/dmd.conf [Environment] DFLAGS=-I/usr/local/dmd/src/phobos:. dmd b.d Error: Error reading file 'object.d' Regards Friedrich
Aug 12 2003
I have no idea what is going wrong for you. Try just changing dmd.conf to
having only one path, not two.

"Friedrich Dominicus" <frido q-software-solutions.com> wrote in message
news:bhadj2$hn6$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Walter wrote:
 Try reducing this to a trivial 3 line example, and see if the error is
 reproducible. If so, post it here and we'll have a look at it.
class A { public int foo () { return 0; } } class B: A { public int foo () { return 1;} } int main (){ B b = new B(); printf("foo() = %d\n", b.foo()); return 0; } try one: dmd -I/usr/local/dmd/src/phobos -I. b.d b.d(1): identifier 'A' is not defined try two: export DFLAGS=-I/usr/local/dmd/src/phobos:. dmd b.d Error: Error reading file 'object.d' try three: vi /etc/dmd.conf change it to: [Environment] DFLAGS=-I/usr/local/dmd/src/phobos;. dmd b.d Error: Error reading file 'object.d' try four: vi /etc/dmd.conf [Environment] DFLAGS=-I/usr/local/dmd/src/phobos:. dmd b.d Error: Error reading file 'object.d' Regards Friedrich
Aug 16 2003