D - Walter: extend amount of debug data?

reply Frank Wills <fdwills sandarh.com> writes:
Walter,

Farmer brought this up and I was hoping you
could comment.

Farmer wrote:
 Why not ask Walter to further extend the amount of generated
 debug data?

 AFAIK, DMD generates line numbers and typeinfo for local or
 global variables.
 But it doesn't generate debug info for struct or class
 members and it uses the inappropriate type '__int64' for D arrays.

 I think, if DMD would generate debug info for structs and
 classes as DMC++ already does, debugging of D code would be
 *much* easier.
 Furthermore D arrays should not be tagged as type __int64,
 but as a C struct that represents the implementation of D
 arrays, like
 typedef struct {
    unsigned int length;
    void* ptr;
 } DArray;
Aug 08 2003
You're right, of course. I do need to get this done.

news:bgvicd$2266$1 digitaldaemon.com...

 Farmer wrote:

  > Why not ask Walter to further extend the amount of generated
  > debug data?
  >
  > AFAIK, DMD generates line numbers and typeinfo for local or
  > global variables.
  > But it doesn't generate debug info for struct or class
  > members and it uses the inappropriate type '__int64' for D arrays.
  >
  > I think, if DMD would generate debug info for structs and
  > classes as DMC++ already does, debugging of D code would be
  > *much* easier.
  > Furthermore D arrays should not be tagged as type __int64,
  > but as a C struct that represents the implementation of D
  > arrays, like
  > typedef struct {
  >    unsigned int length;
  >    void* ptr;
  > } DArray;

Aug 08 2003
parent Frank Wills <fdwills sandarh.com> writes:
Thanks very much. Your work on all of this
is sure very appreciated.