D - DIDE Feedback

reply Helmut Leitner <helmut.leitner chello.at> writes:
DIDE looks great.

Rough spots I noticed first using it:

  - Reopening projects (.dprj) from the list of recently used files
    opens the project file as text file. It would be more useful if
    it opened the project.

  - Add file to project only allows single selection. It would be
    nice to be able to select multiple files.

  - The editor needs the "auto intent" feature.

  - I would rearrange the menus. Remove "Menu choice" completely.
    Move menu "Updates" items to the "Help" menu.
    Rename "Global settings" to "Settings"  and add
       - "Project - Settings" as "Settings - Project"
       - "View - Change font" to "Settings - Editor"

  - Print preview shows empty page.

Is it ok to put DIDE (and other D project) feedback here?

--
Helmut Leitner    leitner hls.via.at
Graz, Austria   www.hls-software.com
next sibling parent "Charles Sanders" <sanders-consulting comcast.net> writes:
 Is it ok to put DIDE (and other D project) feedback here?
Definitely feedback appreciated.
   - Reopening projects (.dprj) from the list of recently used files
     opens the project file as text file. It would be more useful if
     it opened the project.
Hmm hadn't noticed that I'll fix it.
   - Add file to project only allows single selection. It would be
     nice to be able to select multiple files.
Ok Ill add.
   - The editor needs the "auto intent" feature.
It should support this feature, but tabs must be enabled, unless by auto indent you mean after selecting { it adds an 'extra' indent. I hesitated to put this in there because it usually messes up when im modifying code in VS. I can also add things like insert a matching } after {, ) after (, \" after \" etc (speaking of which I don't thing WYSIWIG strings should be included in the compiler, I think the editor should have this burden ), with an option to turn it off an editor settings.
Ahh but those are fun! I'll move it to the Settings menu. Charles "Helmut Leitner" <helmut.leitner chello.at> wrote in message news:3F2B6257.C11AFB6A chello.at...
[...]

prev sibling parent "Charles Sanders" <sanders-consulting comcast.net> writes:
Ok changes uploaded, Im goint to implement a Recent Projects list next
release.