D - Next question....

reply Terry Bayne <gnome hiwaay.net> writes:
Is it possible to initialize an associative array of strings?

I tried a couple of things but I haven't been able to make it work.

For example I tried the following:

alias char[] str;
str[str] X = ["TEST":"TEST1"];

Which does not work.

In fact I didn't have much luck getting associative arrays of strings to
work at all.

Thanks,
Terry
Jul 23 2003
There is currently no way to statically initialize an associative array.
You'll need to load it up with explicit assignment statements.

"Terry Bayne" <gnome hiwaay.net> wrote in message
news:Xns93C1A45D32CD4tbaynehiwaaynet 63.105.9.61...
 Is it possible to initialize an associative array of strings?

 I tried a couple of things but I haven't been able to make it work.

 For example I tried the following:

 alias char[] str;
 str[str] X = ["TEST":"TEST1"];

 Which does not work.

 In fact I didn't have much luck getting associative arrays of strings to
 work at all.

 Thanks,
 Terry
Jul 28 2003