D - ELFIO

reply Mark Evans <Mark_member pathlink.com> writes:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/elfio/
Jul 19 2003
Mark, you've done a great job researching all these other languages,
techniques, and ideas. Would you like to gather them all up and put them all
on one web page? I think it would make a great resource!

"Mark Evans" <Mark_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bfdaso$1efi$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 http://sourceforge.net/projects/elfio/
Aug 10 2003
next sibling parent "Mike Wynn" <mike.wynn l8night.co.uk> writes:
news:bh6qs9$2n8t$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Mark, you've done a great job researching all these other languages,
 techniques, and ideas. Would you like to gather them all up and put them
all
 on one web page? I think it would make a great resource!

 "Mark Evans" <Mark_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
 news:bfdaso$1efi$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 http://sourceforge.net/projects/elfio/
that link does not work .... all in one place would be great, even better if some non biased overview of how they compare to D feature for feature ... being unbiased is almost impossible, might be better is the comparison was from the point of view of a set of fiction advocates of current langs (C, pascal, C++, Java, ml and lisp) come to mind as "classes" programmers "fall" into (C/Java myself; like to think I'm open minded just 'cos I've use perl!). pipedream I know, but no harm in asking the worse you can say is no!
Aug 10 2003
prev sibling next sibling parent Bill Cox <bill viasic.com> writes:
Walter wrote:
 Mark, you've done a great job researching all these other languages,
 techniques, and ideas. Would you like to gather them all up and put them all
 on one web page? I think it would make a great resource!

 "Mark Evans" <Mark_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
 news:bfdaso$1efi$1 digitaldaemon.com...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/elfio/
I agree. All the new language effort links have been quite a nice resource. It's one of the reasons I follow this discussion. Bill
Aug 11 2003
prev sibling parent reply Mark Evans <Mark_member pathlink.com> writes:
Walter says...
Mark, you've done a great job researching all these other languages,
techniques, and ideas. Would you like to gather them all up and put them all
on one web page? I think it would make a great resource!
Thank you Walter. For the languages at least, such sites already exist, some collaborative. Active ones that I know about include http://cliki.tunes.org/Programming%20Languages http://cyberlingua.sourceforge.net/ None are truly comprehensive but the cliki site is very good, and offers jump-offs to similar sites. The more obscure languages do take some digging. -Mark
Aug 11 2003
"Mark Evans" <Mark_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bh8ri9$1rpu$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Walter says...
Mark, you've done a great job researching all these other languages,
techniques, and ideas. Would you like to gather them all up and put them
all
on one web page? I think it would make a great resource!
Thank you Walter. For the languages at least, such sites already exist,
some
 collaborative.  Active ones that I know about include

 http://cliki.tunes.org/Programming%20Languages
 http://cyberlingua.sourceforge.net/

 None are truly comprehensive but the cliki site is very good, and offers
 jump-offs to similar sites.  The more obscure languages do take some
digging. Neither list D, though I submitted D to the latter.
Aug 12 2003
parent reply Helmut Leitner <helmut.leitner chello.at> writes:
Walter wrote:

 "Mark Evans" <Mark_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
 news:bh8ri9$1rpu$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Walter says...
Mark, you've done a great job researching all these other languages,
techniques, and ideas. Would you like to gather them all up and put them
all
on one web page? I think it would make a great resource!
Thank you Walter. For the languages at least, such sites already exist,
some
 collaborative.  Active ones that I know about include

 http://cliki.tunes.org/Programming%20Languages
 http://cyberlingua.sourceforge.net/

 None are truly comprehensive but the cliki site is very good, and offers
 jump-offs to similar sites.  The more obscure languages do take some
digging. Neither list D, though I submitted D to the latter.
I added the necessary clue, so that D is now at least listed in <http://cliki.tunes.org/Programming%20Languages> -- Helmut Leitner leitner hls.via.at Graz, Austria www.hls-software.com
Aug 22 2003
"Helmut Leitner" <helmut.leitner chello.at> wrote in message
news:3F463D41.F52AA41 chello.at...
 Walter wrote:
[...]

Thanks! It's too bad the former site doesn't seem to have been updated in 3 years.
Aug 24 2003