D - DMD To-Do list

reply "Matthew Wilson" <matthew stlsoft.org> writes:
Walter

Is there a place, perhaps on the DMD site, where the major outstanding
issues are listed, along with any possible/opposing intentions, the
completion level, and the likely date of completion? It'd be much easier for
those of us who necessarily dip in and out, but want to contribute, to be
able to see at a glance what are the hot topics.

Of course, you can say look in the newsgroup, but the ng contains a variety
of issues - bugs, other language contrasts, etc. etc. - so it's quite
time-consuming.

Now, if we had multiple D newsgroups ...

Taxonomically yours

Matthew
Jul 09 2003
I wish there was, but there isn't at the moment. My current focus is fixing
bugs.

"Matthew Wilson" <matthew stlsoft.org> wrote in message
news:beide9$jq9$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Walter

 Is there a place, perhaps on the DMD site, where the major outstanding
 issues are listed, along with any possible/opposing intentions, the
 completion level, and the likely date of completion? It'd be much easier
for
 those of us who necessarily dip in and out, but want to contribute, to be
 able to see at a glance what are the hot topics.

 Of course, you can say look in the newsgroup, but the ng contains a
variety
 of issues - bugs, other language contrasts, etc. etc. - so it's quite
 time-consuming.

 Now, if we had multiple D newsgroups ...

 Taxonomically yours

 Matthew
Jul 09 2003
parent reply "Matthew Wilson" <matthew stlsoft.org> writes:
So does that mean that most of the conceptual issues are resolved?

Having just got back up to speed on the NG after a couple of months of other
things, it seems that there are still some issues unresolved, or perhaps
some people who have not accepted the resolutions.

Foremost on the list is, I guess, the modules/symbols issue, but there are
also more prosaic issues, like the sizeof(bool), etc.

And, that's not to mention the need for libraries, and the even more
important need for library organisation, coherence and control

Or am I completely misinterpreting the current state of D?

news:beiolh$ufg$1 digitaldaemon.com...

parent reply Helmut Leitner <helmut.leitner chello.at> writes:
Matthew Wilson wrote:

[...]

There has been a discussion about an open bug list and we had to accept that Walter thinks that it is an too easy for critics to use such a list to put D down. It would be the same for a list of outstanding issues. Youmay have noted that there is now a Linux version, so this is a big step forward. -- Helmut Leitner leitner hls.via.at Graz, Austria www.hls-software.com
Jul 09 2003
parent "Matthew Wilson" <matthew stlsoft.org> writes:
Understood.

I'm not really talking about bugs, though, more any large outstanding
theoretical issues.

"Helmut Leitner" <helmut.leitner chello.at> wrote in message
news:3F0CFB3B.A9BCD6F2 chello.at...
 Matthew Wilson wrote:
[...]

Jul 10 2003