D - Zips for includes

reply "Matthew Wilson" <dmd synesis.com.au> writes:
I've been out of the group for a while, so please forgive me if I'm being
unoriginal:

I was wondering whether as well as specifying directories in -I we could
also specify zips (just in the same way one can in Java)?

Also, perhaps an extension of this idea would be an extended library format
comprising the library code along with (stripped equivalents) of the include
directory structure.
"Matthew Wilson" <dmd synesis.com.au> wrote in message
news:bdja5o$319h$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I was wondering whether as well as specifying directories in -I we could
 also specify zips (just in the same way one can in Java)?
It's a good idea, I've just never gotten to it.
 Also, perhaps an extension of this idea would be an extended library
format
 comprising the library code along with (stripped equivalents) of the
include
 directory structure.
There are many good ideas along that line. I've often thought the .lib file format was terribly shortsighted and inadequate.
Jun 28 2003
parent reply "Matthew Wilson" <matthew stlsoft.org> writes:
Any more thoughts on this?

news:bdjg9u$68g$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 "Matthew Wilson" <dmd synesis.com.au> wrote in message
 news:bdja5o$319h$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I was wondering whether as well as specifying directories in -I we could
 also specify zips (just in the same way one can in Java)?
It's a good idea, I've just never gotten to it.
 Also, perhaps an extension of this idea would be an extended library
format
 comprising the library code along with (stripped equivalents) of the
include
 directory structure.
There are many good ideas along that line. I've often thought the .lib
file
 format was terribly shortsighted and inadequate.
Aug 20 2003
Not at the moment, too many things on my plate!

"Matthew Wilson" <matthew stlsoft.org> wrote in message
news:bhv8ni$19gt$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Any more thoughts on this?

 news:bdjg9u$68g$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 "Matthew Wilson" <dmd synesis.com.au> wrote in message
 news:bdja5o$319h$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I was wondering whether as well as specifying directories in -I we
could
 also specify zips (just in the same way one can in Java)?
It's a good idea, I've just never gotten to it.
 Also, perhaps an extension of this idea would be an extended library
format
 comprising the library code along with (stripped equivalents) of the
include
 directory structure.
There are many good ideas along that line. I've often thought the .lib
file
 format was terribly shortsighted and inadequate.
Aug 21 2003