D - DMD 0.66 release

reply "Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> writes:
Many minor bugs fixed.

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
Jun 08 2003
next sibling parent "Carlos Santander B." <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:
I've been wanting to ask this for a couple of weeks now, and now I feel it's
a good time to do so.

Are there any major changes expected in the language design? Because I'm
starting to believe that it could be a good moment to have a final release.
What do you all think?

—————————————————————————
Carlos Santander

---
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Patrick Down <pat codemoon.com> writes:
"Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> wrote in news:bc0d2j$20r6$1
 digitaldaemon.com:

 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
What happened to the -o option? It used to let me set the obj file directory.
"Patrick Down" <pat codemoon.com> wrote in message
news:Xns9394EC4C4963patcodemooncom 63.105.9.61...
 "Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> wrote in news:bc0d2j$20r6$1
  digitaldaemon.com:

 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
What happened to the -o option? It used to let me set the obj file directory.
Hmm. Nothing should have happened to it!
Jun 08 2003
parent reply Patrick Down <pat codemoon.com> writes:
"Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> wrote in news:bc13ci$2k3c$1
 digitaldaemon.com:

 "Patrick Down" <pat codemoon.com> wrote in message
 news:Xns9394EC4C4963patcodemooncom 63.105.9.61...
 "Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> wrote in news:bc0d2j$20r6$1
  digitaldaemon.com:

 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
What happened to the -o option? It used to let me set the obj file directory.
Hmm. Nothing should have happened to it!
The "help" listed below has two definitions for it and "-o filename name output file" seems to be the fuctionality now. Digital Mars D Compiler Beta v0.65 Copyright (c) 1999-2003 by Digital Mars written by Walter Bright www.digitalmars.com/d/index.html Usage: dmd files.d ... { -switch } files.d D source files -c do not link -d allow deprecated features -g add symbolic debug info -gt add trace profiling hooks -v verbose -O optimize -oobjdir write object files to directory objdir -o filename name output file -Ipath where to look for imports -Llinkerflag pass linkerflag to link -debug compile in debug code -debug=level compile in debug code <= level -debug=ident compile in debug code identified by ident -inline do function inlining -release compile release version -unittest compile in unit tests -version=level compile in version code >= level -version=ident compile in version code identified by ident
Are you using the windows or linux version?

"Patrick Down" <pat codemoon.com> wrote in message
news:Xns939555016675patcodemooncom 63.105.9.61...
[...]

Jun 09 2003
parent reply Patrick Down <Patrick_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <bc2b9u$n5v$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
Are you using the windows or linux version?
Windows
"Patrick Down" <Patrick_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bc2bj8$nhv$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 In article <bc2b9u$n5v$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
Are you using the windows or linux version?
Windows
Here's how it works. If linking, the -o is assumed to be the executable file name. If not linking, and the filename ends in .obj, it is assumed to be the output .obj name. Otherwise, it is taken to be the output directory.
Jun 09 2003
parent reply Patrick Down <Patrick_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <bc2i1i$tu0$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
"Patrick Down" <Patrick_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bc2bj8$nhv$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 In article <bc2b9u$n5v$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
Are you using the windows or linux version?
Windows
Here's how it works. If linking, the -o is assumed to be the executable file name. If not linking, and the filename ends in .obj, it is assumed to be the output .obj name. Otherwise, it is taken to be the output directory.
Ok, I understand. But it would seem desirable to have a separate flag for the output file and intermediate dicrectory.
"Patrick Down" <Patrick_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bc2ml4$12aj$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 In article <bc2i1i$tu0$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
"Patrick Down" <Patrick_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bc2bj8$nhv$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 In article <bc2b9u$n5v$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
Are you using the windows or linux version?
Windows
Here's how it works. If linking, the -o is assumed to be the executable
file
name. If not linking, and the filename ends in .obj, it is assumed to be
the
output .obj name. Otherwise, it is taken to be the output directory.
Ok, I understand. But it would seem desirable to have a separate flag for
the
 output file and intermediate dicrectory.
You're right, it is a little confusing.
Jun 09 2003
prev sibling next sibling parent Patrick Down <pat codemoon.com> writes:
"Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> wrote in news:bc0d2j$20r6$1
 digitaldaemon.com:

 Many minor bugs fixed.

 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html

Windows version Beta v0.65 The following should print: count = 10 instead it prints: count = 0 class Foo { void Func(bit delegate() call) { for(int i = 0; i < 10; ++i) call(); } } class Bar { void Func() { int count = 0; Foo ic = new Foo(); ic.Func(delegate bit() { ++count; return false; } ); printf("count = %d\n",count); } } int main(char[][] argv) { Bar b = new Bar(); b.Func(); return 0; }
Jun 09 2003
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Patrick Down <pat codemoon.com> writes:
"Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> wrote in news:bc0d2j$20r6$1
 digitaldaemon.com:

 Many minor bugs fixed.

 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html

Walter the Windows version in the latest zip file has version number 0.65 did it get updated to 0.66? It was downloaded from ftp://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.zip
"Patrick Down" <pat codemoon.com> wrote in message
news:Xns9395D338E3F2Epatcodemooncom 63.105.9.61...
 Walter the Windows version in the latest zip file has
 version number 0.65 did it get updated to 0.66?
 It was downloaded from  ftp://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.zip
Yeah, I know. <g>. It's still 0.66, though.
Jun 09 2003