D - OT Evolution of a programmer

reply Mark Evans <Mark_member pathlink.com> writes:
http://www.ariel.com.au/jokes/The_Evolution_of_a_Programmer.html
May 29 2003
"Mark Evans" <Mark_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bb5sbc$1i3q$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 http://www.ariel.com.au/jokes/The_Evolution_of_a_Programmer.html
So true! I especially like the "Master Programmer".
May 29 2003
parent reply "Peter Hercek" <vvp no.post.spam.sk> writes:
news:bb694t$21km$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 "Mark Evans" <Mark_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
 news:bb5sbc$1i3q$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 http://www.ariel.com.au/jokes/The_Evolution_of_a_Programmer.html
So true! I especially like the "Master Programmer".
I liked most Chief Executive :) I have seen this may be 10 years ago when "Master Programmer" have been writting client served code for X Windows and not MS COM :o) Wondering, what this change does mean?
Jun 03 2003
parent reply "Luna Kid" <lunakid neuropolis.org> writes:
"Peter Hercek" <vvp no.post.spam.sk> wrote in message
news:bbjj8e$26gi$1 digitaldaemon.com...
news:bb694t$21km$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 "Mark Evans" <Mark_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
 news:bb5sbc$1i3q$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 http://www.ariel.com.au/jokes/The_Evolution_of_a_Programmer.html
So true! I especially like the "Master Programmer".
I liked most Chief Executive :) I have seen this may be 10 years ago when "Master Programmer" have been writting client served code for X Windows and not MS COM :o) Wondering, what this change does mean?
:) It means this "evolution of a programmer" is two-dimensional: one is the evolution within the life of one person, and the other is the evolution of "the programmer", as a profession, over that decade. As the CEO stuff is the same as 10 years ago [is it really?] that also means the evolution of the manager (as a profession) has already reached its final stage where there is nowhere to develop further... Sz.
Jun 04 2003
parent reply "Peter Hercek" <vvp no.post.spam.sk> writes:
"Luna Kid" <lunakid neuropolis.org> wrote in message
news:bbka16$2re2$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]
Yep :o), CEO tried to use some unix terminal almost as a chat program ... had problems with "events" too. Evolution ... good idea ... not sure whether the direction is right COM is still unecessary complicated at C/C++ level :-/ Well you can generate a lot of it with some wizadards.
Jun 04 2003
parent reply "Sean L. Palmer" <palmer.sean verizon.net> writes:
It seems like that was one of the main design points with COM, the ability
to construct programs as data.

It seems useful.  Automating program-building will make all our lives
easier.  I'd much rather work in a tree-view (you can sort by category, or
alphabetically, etc) than in some unorganized (or worse, badly-organized)
raw text file that usually doesn't even word wrap automatically.  So
primitive.

they did.

Sean

"Peter Hercek" <vvp no.post.spam.sk> wrote in message
news:bbm9ug$1pit$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Evolution ... good idea ... not sure whether the direction is right
  COM is still unecessary complicated at C/C++ level :-/
  Well you can generate a lot of it with some wizadards.
Jun 07 2003
parent reply Helmut Leitner <leitner hls.via.at> writes:
"Sean L. Palmer" wrote:

 It seems like that was one of the main design points with COM, the ability
 to construct programs as data.

 It seems useful.  Automating program-building will make all our lives
 easier.  I'd much rather work in a tree-view (you can sort by category, or
 alphabetically, etc) than in some unorganized (or worse, badly-organized)
 raw text file that usually doesn't even word wrap automatically.  So
 primitive.

 they did.
Then I think you should like the Lava programming language that turns away from textual representations: <http://www.sit.fraunhofer.de/Lava/> -- Helmut Leitner leitner hls.via.at Graz, Austria www.hls-software.com
Jun 07 2003
parent "Sean L. Palmer" <palmer.sean verizon.net> writes:
"Helmut Leitner" <leitner hls.via.at> wrote in message
news:3EE1AC63.722E0FAF hls.via.at...
 It seems like that was one of the main design points with COM, the
ability
 to construct programs as data.

 It seems useful.  Automating program-building will make all our lives
 easier.  I'd much rather work in a tree-view (you can sort by category,
or
 alphabetically, etc) than in some unorganized (or worse,
badly-organized)
 raw text file that usually doesn't even word wrap automatically.  So
 primitive.

as
 they did.
Then I think you should like the Lava programming language that turns away from textual representations: <http://www.sit.fraunhofer.de/Lava/>
I do like it. They make a lot of good points. If someone could just gather up all the points made by all these language designers, solve them, and back the product by a company that's going to be around for a long time, and actually get the product out the door so I can use it, well that'd just be peachy. ;) Sean
Jun 07 2003