D - Contribute to a source knowledge base

reply Ilya Minkov <Ilya_member pathlink.com> writes:
Hello.

I have created a new page on Helmut Leitner's D Wiki to document the sources -
both Phopos library and the D Frontend. The ones who may know the sources please
consider to contribute a few lines.

If you happen to be reading the source, this page may be of help for you in
future. If you figure anything out, please care to post.

http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?SourceGuide

-i.
USE THE SOURCE, OBI-WAN.
May 19 2003
I'd like to figure out a way to take the 10,000+ messages in this newsgroup
and create a google-like searchable database on it with a web interface.

"Ilya Minkov" <Ilya_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:baares$1aqm$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Hello.

 I have created a new page on Helmut Leitner's D Wiki to document the
sources -
 both Phopos library and the D Frontend. The ones who may know the sources
please
 consider to contribute a few lines.

 If you happen to be reading the source, this page may be of help for you
in
 future. If you figure anything out, please care to post.

 http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?SourceGuide

 -i.
 USE THE SOURCE, OBI-WAN.
May 20 2003
parent reply "Luna Kid" <lunakid neuropolis.org> writes:
I used htDig (http://htdig.org/) for things like that.
Worked very nicely for me -- after some reading. (But
that was years ago, I'd need to re-learn it if I wanted
using it again.)

Cheers,
Sz.

news:bae03c$6vi$3 digitaldaemon.com...
 I'd like to figure out a way to take the 10,000+ messages in this newsgroup
 and create a google-like searchable database on it with a web interface.

 "Ilya Minkov" <Ilya_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
 news:baares$1aqm$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Hello.

 I have created a new page on Helmut Leitner's D Wiki to document the
sources -
 both Phopos library and the D Frontend. The ones who may know the sources
please
 consider to contribute a few lines.

 If you happen to be reading the source, this page may be of help for you
in
 future. If you figure anything out, please care to post.

 http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?SourceGuide

 -i.
 USE THE SOURCE, OBI-WAN.
May 20 2003
Thanks for the reference. Looks like it'll take some effort to get it
running :-(

"Luna Kid" <lunakid neuropolis.org> wrote in message
news:bae31p$a6g$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

Yup, it looked not overwhelming to me, too, back then.
But in the end, it went easier than I thought.
(Dunno, I used Debian, that might have also hidden
some pitfalls of the installation.)

Basically, as to my vague memories, it's installed
structure is like:

    - some config files in /etc (telling it where
      your to-be-indexed web pages are)

    - a cron job to do the indexing

    - an index database somewhere in /var/lib/...

    - a customizable lookup script (CGI) for the
      web interface (somewhere in /usr/...)

    - your search web-page, calling the CGI

Good luck,
Sz.

news:baepju$13eb$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

May 21 2003
parent "Luna Kid" <lunakid neuropolis.org> writes:
 Yup, it looked not overwhelming to me, too, back then.
Ehh, I mean "looked overwhelming". :) (I skipped sleeping again last night. It always shows...) Sz.
May 21 2003