D - Porting from DLI to DMD 0.64

reply Russ Lewis <spamhole-2001-07-16 deming-os.org> writes:
I just noticed that the DMD Linux version is out!  YAY!

So I downloaded 0.64 and have been attempting to compile my old DLI code
with DMD.  I have found a few minor problems:

* DLI supported [n..] and [..m] syntaxes but these don't work with DMD.
It would be cool if DMD supported these as well.

* When using associative arrays, they are reverse-indexed, unlike other
types of arrays.  So to declare an associative array, indexed by class
Symbol, of arrays of references to class NFA_State, you have to declare:

    NFA_State[] [Symbol] array;
but in DLI you would declare:
    NFA_State[Symbol] [] array;
which I think makes a lot more sense.

--
The Villagers are Online! villagersonline.com

.[ (the fox.(quick,brown)) jumped.over(the dog.lazy) ]
.[ (a version.of(English).(precise.more)) is(possible) ]
?[ you want.to(help(develop(it))) ]
May 12 2003
 I just noticed that the DMD Linux version is out!  YAY!

 So I downloaded 0.64 and have been attempting to compile my old DLI code
 with DMD.  I have found a few minor problems:

 * DLI supported [n..] and [..m] syntaxes but these don't work with DMD.
 It would be cool if DMD supported these as well.

 * When using associative arrays, they are reverse-indexed, unlike other
 types of arrays.  So to declare an associative array, indexed by class
 Symbol, of arrays of references to class NFA_State, you have to declare:

     NFA_State[] [Symbol] array;
 but in DLI you would declare:
     NFA_State[Symbol] [] array;
 which I think makes a lot more sense.
I changed it because a lot of people here argued the former made more sense <g>.
May 12 2003
 I just noticed that the DMD Linux version is out!  YAY!

 So I downloaded 0.64 and have been attempting to compile my old DLI code
 with DMD.  I have found a few minor problems:

 * DLI supported [n..] and [..m] syntaxes but these don't work with DMD.
 It would be cool if DMD supported these as well.

 * When using associative arrays, they are reverse-indexed, unlike other
 types of arrays.  So to declare an associative array, indexed by class
 Symbol, of arrays of references to class NFA_State, you have to declare:

     NFA_State[] [Symbol] array;
 but in DLI you would declare:
     NFA_State[Symbol] [] array;
 which I think makes a lot more sense.
I changed it because a lot of people here argued the former made more sense <g>.
Well, I don't plan to intermix DLI and DMD, so I can just get used to it, but (shudder). At least it's not assembly language... -- The Villagers are Online! villagersonline.com .[ (the fox.(quick,brown)) jumped.over(the dog.lazy) ] .[ (a version.of(English).(precise.more)) is(possible) ] ?[ you want.to(help(develop(it))) ]
May 12 2003