D - D Language Specification as PDF Available

reply "Alexander Klinsky" <alexander.klinsky chello.at> writes:
If somebody is willing to host a 800KB PDF File containing the lastest D
Specification please answer to this post and we can arrange the upload
somehow.

Kind regards,
 Alex Klinsky
My worries about having it in multiple documents is it will get out of date.
The HTML spec on the web site constantly changes.

"Alexander Klinsky" <alexander.klinsky chello.at> wrote in message
news:b7c7hs$1sv7$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 If somebody is willing to host a 800KB PDF File containing the lastest D
 Specification please answer to this post and we can arrange the upload
 somehow.

 Kind regards,
  Alex Klinsky
Apr 13 2003
next sibling parent reply Helmut Leitner <helmut.leitner chello.at> writes:
Walter wrote:

 My worries about having it in multiple documents is it will get out of date.
 The HTML spec on the web site constantly changes.
Walter, would keeping a specification change log date, chapter, hint about the change be a excessive burden? If not, I think we could arrange to keep the PDF in sync.
 "Alexander Klinsky" <alexander.klinsky chello.at> wrote in message
 news:b7c7hs$1sv7$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 If somebody is willing to host a 800KB PDF File containing the lastest D
 Specification please answer to this post and we can arrange the upload
 somehow.
Could you provide the (I assume DOC) source file too, so that someone can keep the PDF up to date? -- Helmut Leitner leitner hls.via.at Graz, Austria www.hls-software.com
"Helmut Leitner" <helmut.leitner chello.at> wrote in message
news:3E9A4F91.6BD0799C chello.at...
 Walter wrote:
 My worries about having it in multiple documents is it will get out of
date.
 The HTML spec on the web site constantly changes.
Walter, would keeping a specification change log date, chapter, hint about the change be a excessive burden?
Relying on diff is probably the only reliable way of doing this.
 If not, I think we could arrange to keep the PDF in sync.

 "Alexander Klinsky" <alexander.klinsky chello.at> wrote in message
 news:b7c7hs$1sv7$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 If somebody is willing to host a 800KB PDF File containing the lastest
 Specification please answer to this post and we can arrange the upload
 somehow.
Could you provide the (I assume DOC) source file too, so that someone can keep the PDF up to date?
There is no doc file. The spec is all in .html files.
Apr 14 2003

 Walter wrote:
 My worries about having it in multiple documents is it will get out of
date.
 The HTML spec on the web site constantly changes.
Walter, would keeping a specification change log date, chapter, hint about the change be a excessive burden?
Relying on diff is probably the only reliable way of doing this.
 If not, I think we could arrange to keep the PDF in sync.

 "Alexander Klinsky" <alexander.klinsky chello.at> wrote in message
 news:b7c7hs$1sv7$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 If somebody is willing to host a 800KB PDF File containing the lastest
 Specification please answer to this post and we can arrange the upload
 somehow.
Could you provide the (I assume DOC) source file too, so that someone can keep the PDF up to date?
There is no doc file. The spec is all in .html files.
Sorry for being unclear. This second question was to Alexander. -- Helmut Leitner leitner hls.via.at Graz, Austria www.hls-software.com
Apr 14 2003
prev sibling parent Ilya Minkov <midiclub tiscali.de> writes:
Why not write a simple program, which concatenates all of the HTML files
together? This could easily be sent to a PDF printer then.

There would be some things to take care of:
- order in which files are concatenated.
- headers and footers should be stripped. They should then be appended
once for the whole document, or maybe as headers/footers in the layout
system?
- Table of Contents - with page numbers?

As to layout system, if your HTML is reasonably well structured (well,
it is fairly clean), i could try to convert it into TeX with an
automatic converter. Then, TeX could take care of ToC.

However, i somehow think that building HTML out of TeX is a cleaner way.

-i.