D - Wiki news:

reply Helmut Leitner <helmut.leitner chello.at> writes:
The typical way to access a wiki is by bookmarking the
RecentChanges page:
   <http://www.wikiservice.at/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?RecentChanges>
It shows the recent contributions.
   (diff)-Links show the RCS-Difference of the last two page revisions

--
Helmut Leitner    leitner hls.via.at
Graz, Austria   www.hls-software.com
next sibling parent reply "Matthew Wilson" <dmd synesis.com.au> writes:
Helmut, thanks for the mention on the Wiki. :)

Just a couple of corrections,

1. The Synesis Software site is synesis.com.au not synsoft.com.au

2. The D libs link would be better as http://synsoft.org/d.html, as I'm
potentially going to move all such things off the synesis.com.au site in the
near future.

Thanks again.

Matthew

P.S. You could also mention, if you think its appropriate, that I do the
STLSoft stuff, which is about to be bundled in with DMC++. Of course, it's
got its own DM newsgroup, so the extra publicity may not be warranted. Up to
you. :)

news:3E94990B.E32CD9B6 chello.at...

parent reply Helmut Leitner <helmut.leitner chello.at> writes:
Matthew Wilson wrote:

 Helmut, thanks for the mention on the Wiki. :)
You're welcome. :-)
 Just a couple of corrections,

 1. The Synesis Software site is synesis.com.au not synsoft.com.au

 2. The D libs link would be better as http://synsoft.org/d.html, as I'm
 potentially going to move all such things off the synesis.com.au site in the
 near future.
I changed it. You can also click on "Edit" and maintain the page at any time. You can do this with any page in the wiki.
 P.S. You could also mention, if you think its appropriate, that I do the
 STLSoft stuff, which is about to be bundled in with DMC++. Of course, it's
 got its own DM newsgroup, so the extra publicity may not be warranted. Up to
 you. :)
I added this. No problem. Could you tell a little more about yourself and what projects you are working on or intend in the future? About your experiences with C/C++ and D? How long do you use D? -- Helmut Leitner leitner hls.via.at Graz, Austria www.hls-software.com
Apr 09 2003
parent "Matthew Wilson" <dmd synesis.com.au> writes:
For most of it, you can check out my bit in the "Introductions" thread,
posted in this newsgroup on 22nd March.

As for D in particular, I got involved a little last year, but got too busy
and had to switch off for a while. I did try and start "The D Journal" - and
still plan to do so in the future - but it was premature at the time, as
there was very little response (though some did, for which I was very
grateful). I think once the language gets a bit further on we can start the
journal properly.

This year I've come back into it, prompted by my writing a series of

published in June's issue. As part of this I needed to create an equivalent
of the performance counters found in WinSTL, in order to do the timings for

which can be found at synsoft.org. I'm working on part 2 at the moment,
although it looks like I'll not be creating any new D stuff for that.

I'll add to SynSoft's D stuff from time to time. I am a lot more impressed
by D this year than last, and have started to use it to write some of the
utilities that I need. I've also registered a couple of D domains, one of
which - http://templated.org/ - will host a D template library equivalent to
STLSoft I would like to create if I get the time.

Finally, I have a strong desire to create some seriously beefy COM support
into Phobos, but again this depends on time, and also on Walter's
willingness for me to mess around in Phobos. :)

Hope that's enough. I'm a busy chap who takes on far too much but achieves
about 50%, so it works out reasonably well.

Thanks for the interest

Matthew

"Helmut Leitner" <helmut.leitner chello.at> wrote in message
news:3E95099E.6C677FF0 chello.at...
 Matthew Wilson wrote:
[...]

Apr 10 2003
prev sibling parent reply "Matthew Wilson" <dmd synesis.com.au> writes:
Is there a "Wiki for dummies in one easy lesson" website? I confess that
though I've heard of Wiki here and there I know virtually nothing about it.

Perhaps a one paragraph explanation from yourself? :)
Matthew Wilson wrote:

 Is there a "Wiki for dummies in one easy lesson" website? I confess that
 though I've heard of Wiki here and there I know virtually nothing about it.

 Perhaps a one paragraph explanation from yourself? :)
There are two short pages <http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?OneMinuteWiki> <http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?WhatIsaWiki> and a <http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?HelpCenter> is under construction. When you go to your page: <http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?MatthewWilson> cou can click on the "Edit"-link and you can then change everything that's on the page. -- Helmut Leitner leitner hls.via.at Graz, Austria www.hls-software.com
Apr 09 2003
next sibling parent "Matthew Wilson" <dmd synesis.com.au> writes:
Cool. Done that.

Thanks Helmut

"Helmut Leitner" <helmut.leitner chello.at> wrote in message
news:3E9505FC.C4837013 chello.at...
 Matthew Wilson wrote:
 Is there a "Wiki for dummies in one easy lesson" website? I confess that
 though I've heard of Wiki here and there I know virtually nothing about
it.
 Perhaps a one paragraph explanation from yourself? :)
There are two short pages <http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?OneMinuteWiki> <http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?WhatIsaWiki> and a <http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?HelpCenter> is under construction. When you go to your page: <http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?MatthewWilson> cou can click on the "Edit"-link and you can then change everything that's on the page. -- Helmut Leitner leitner hls.via.at Graz, Austria www.hls-software.com
Apr 10 2003
prev sibling parent reply "Matthew Wilson" <dmd synesis.com.au> writes:
Sorry for the continued "Dummies" nature of my Wiki skills, Helmut, but I'm
trying to respond to your post on the Wiki, and keep running up against the
wall of my own ignorance. Do I really have to Edit the text of the whole
page? I can't be that surely. :(

parent reply Helmut Leitner <leitner hls.via.at> writes:
Matthew Wilson wrote:

 Sorry for the continued "Dummies" nature of my Wiki skills, Helmut, but I'm
 trying to respond to your post on the Wiki, and keep running up against the
 wall of my own ignorance. Do I really have to Edit the text of the whole
 page?
Yes, e. g. if you want to answer a message on your homepage, you edit the whole page. Maybe you add an answer at the end. Maybe you see your employer has changed and edit it at the same time. Maybe there is an old message thread, that has fulfilled its purpose - you might delete it at the same time... ... by editing your whole homepage. If you see some spelling mistakes, maybe you want to correct them, so you edit the whole page (by anyone, on any page). If you want to create a new page, you just type its name (in a page or in the browser command line) and edit the page. That's the wiki way ... to edit common pages. Its a bit like writing a book together. Collaboration. A public space anyone may use. Like a park where you can find relaxed people, throwing and catching ideas like frisbees. Doesn't work without mutual respect and fairness. Creates a certain feeling of community. People that like this are attracted by the wiki. -- Helmut Leitner leitner hls.via.at Graz, Austria www.hls-software.com
Apr 11 2003
parent "Matthew Wilson" <dmd synesis.com.au> writes:
Understood.

Thanks, Helmut

"Helmut Leitner" <leitner hls.via.at> wrote in message
news:3E96706A.89A7585F hls.via.at...