D - dstrip

reply "Matthew Wilson" <dmd synesis.com.au> writes:
I've been poking around in Burton's dstrip stuff, and I'm left in a bit of a
quandary. Whilst the stuff seems good, and I've no reason to doubt that it's
up-to-date with the latest version of D, it seems like the wrong approach.
What would be better, surely, is to have this as a built in part of the
compiler itself. I don't mean necessarily part of dmd.exe, but rather that
the stripper should be using the same lexing, tokenisation, etc.
subs-systems as the compiler. That way is the only way to guarantee that it
doesn't get out of step.

Also, having a D-library tool would be very useful. dlib.exe, or whatever,
would compile, link (to lib or DLL) and prepare a stripped version of source
from a specified set of source. I've not looked into the compiler source,
but I assume it would be reasonably easy to get borrow the requisite
functionality from it. (Of course I could be wrong ...)
Apr 01 2003
parent "Luna Kid" <lunakid neuropolis.org> writes:
"Matthew Wilson" <dmd synesis.com.au> wrote in message
news:b6e02j$kq7$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

Definitely. BTW, how does Eiffel manage this "short form" thing, for an example? (I played with that too long ago.) Luna Kid
Apr 03 2003