D - Evaluation Guide

reply Helmut Leitner <leitner hls.via.at> writes:
Is there an evaluation guide, that helps interested programmers
in setting up a complete development environment, the relevant
Windows parts (AFAIS \DM \DMD \DIG and Pavels modules) and guides
through sample programs and public code?

--
Helmut Leitner    leitner hls.via.at
Graz, Austria   www.hls-software.com
"Helmut Leitner" <leitner hls.via.at> wrote in message
news:3E846132.59F3963B hls.via.at...
 Is there an evaluation guide, that helps interested programmers
 in setting up a complete development environment, the relevant
 Windows parts (AFAIS \DM \DMD \DIG and Pavels modules) and guides
 through sample programs and public code?
No. Would you like to create one?
Mar 28 2003
parent reply Helmut Leitner <helmut.leitner chello.at> writes:
Walter wrote:

 "Helmut Leitner" <leitner hls.via.at> wrote in message
 news:3E846132.59F3963B hls.via.at...
 Is there an evaluation guide, that helps interested programmers
 in setting up a complete development environment, the relevant
 Windows parts (AFAIS \DM \DMD \DIG and Pavels modules) and guides
 through sample programs and public code?
No. Would you like to create one?
Yes, if it makes sense to you. -- Helmut Leitner leitner hls.via.at Graz, Austria www.hls-software.com
"Helmut Leitner" <helmut.leitner chello.at> wrote in message
news:3E85437E.96C15C8B chello.at...
 Walter wrote:
 "Helmut Leitner" <leitner hls.via.at> wrote in message
 news:3E846132.59F3963B hls.via.at...
 Is there an evaluation guide, that helps interested programmers
 in setting up a complete development environment, the relevant
 Windows parts (AFAIS \DM \DMD \DIG and Pavels modules) and guides
 through sample programs and public code?
No. Would you like to create one?
Yes, if it makes sense to you.
Sure!

 Walter wrote:
 "Helmut Leitner" <leitner hls.via.at> wrote in message
 news:3E846132.59F3963B hls.via.at...
 Is there an evaluation guide, that helps interested programmers
 in setting up a complete development environment, the relevant
 Windows parts (AFAIS \DM \DMD \DIG and Pavels modules) and guides
 through sample programs and public code?
No. Would you like to create one?
Yes, if it makes sense to you.
Sure!
Ok, I'll write it as go along on <http://www.wikiservice.at/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?EvaluationGuide> during the next 1-2 weeks. A few questions: Is it correct that there is no official IDE? (I know that there is a DENV project) I would assume that that typical programmer will use his favourite editor and batch files to build his samples. Is that ok? Walter, what do you use for your development? (editor, build, debugger, profiler?) -- Helmut Leitner leitner hls.via.at Graz, Austria www.hls-software.com
"Helmut Leitner" <helmut.leitner chello.at> wrote in message
news:3E856607.AD7C7F28 chello.at...
 Ok, I'll write it as go along on
   <http://www.wikiservice.at/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?EvaluationGuide>
 during the next 1-2 weeks.
Great!
 A few questions:

  Is it correct that there is no official IDE?
  (I know that there is a DENV project)
Correct. Individual D implementations should be free to innovate whatever environment they want to. I certainly am the wrong person to try to invent one :-(
  I would assume that that typical programmer will use his
  favourite editor and batch files to build his samples.
  Is that ok?
Yes.
  Walter, what do you use for your development?
  (editor, build, debugger, profiler?)
I use the tools shipped on the Digital Mars CD.
Mar 29 2003