D - URL Library

reply Burton Radons <loth users.sourceforge.net> writes:
I've put up a simple URL loading library at
(http://www.opend.org/urllib.zip).  It requires dig to be installed,
although it doesn't use it, just digc.  Comes with the documentation.
It has the functions:

urlopen: Open a URL as a stream (http, file, and ftp schema supported).
urlread: Open a URL and read its contents.
urllistdir: List a directory, return an array of URLStat (file and ftp
schema supported).
urlencode, urldecode: Encode and decode the URL.  The above functions
expect a decoded URL.

There's also a small, simple, not-thought-out sockets library.
Mar 11 2003
next sibling parent J.Aubourg <J.Aubourg_member pathlink.com> writes:
Fun fact. I post a question about Remote object support and here is an URL
library coming :)
Didn't have time to test it but I like the simplicity of the interface so far.

-- Julian
Mar 11 2003
prev sibling next sibling parent "Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> writes:
"Burton Radons" <loth users.sourceforge.net> wrote in message
news:b4ktv0$vsv$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I've put up a simple URL loading library at
 (http://www.opend.org/urllib.zip).  It requires dig to be installed,
 although it doesn't use it, just digc.  Comes with the documentation.
Wow! Thanks!
Mar 13 2003
prev sibling parent Burton Radons <loth users.sourceforge.net> writes:
Archive updated (http://www.opend.org/urllib.zip).  The socket library
didn't handle incoming connections - it does now, and there's a sample
program for doing this (built/run using "make clientServerTest").

Also added is support for DICT, the dictionary transfer protocol.
There's a simple command-line client that can be invoked using "make
dictlibTest".

Finally, NNTP support was added.
urlread("nntp://news.digitalmars.com/D/<b4ktv0$vsv$1 digitaldaemon.com>")
would, for example, get the original message in this thread.
Mar 13 2003