D - How is D compared to Eiffel?

reply Wu Yongwei <Wu_member pathlink.com> writes:
I felt they had some similarities.  How do you think, Walter?

Best regards,

Wu Yongwei
"Wu Yongwei" <Wu_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:b3km1h$taf$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I felt they had some similarities.  How do you think, Walter?
The design by contract features in D are based on Bertrand Meyer's writings on the subject in his book on Object Oriented Programming. Since he also invented Eiffel, it's unsurprising that they share a similar outlook on contract programming. However, I think the similarity of D to Eiffel ends there. (Interestingly, he quotes me in his book!)
Feb 27 2003