D - DIG with newer versions:

reply Ilya Minkov <midiclub 8ung.at> writes:
I've tried to build DIG 0.0.8 with newer compiler verions:

DMD 0.52 - all examples "disappear" after a few seconds of working;
dedit gets an "exception: acess violation" a few seconds after start,
and then disappears as well.
DMD 0.53 - none of examples shows a window.
DMD 0.54 - after fxing the source and getting it to compile, the same
result as 0.53. :(

All results with win2k.
I have also tried with 0.53 on win98, and got the same result.

Has anyone had more luck?

-i.
Feb 15 2003
parent reply Burton Radons <loth users.sourceforge.net> writes:
Ilya Minkov wrote:
 I've tried to build DIG 0.0.8 with newer compiler verions:

 DMD 0.52 - all examples "disappear" after a few seconds of working;
 dedit gets an "exception: acess violation" a few seconds after start,
 and then disappears as well.
 DMD 0.53 - none of examples shows a window.
 DMD 0.54 - after fxing the source and getting it to compile, the same
 result as 0.53. :(
I'll be revisiting it today with the latest compiler. There will be one change: gridfitting won't happen until the "display" method is sent to whatever top-level control has been changed.
Burton Radons wrote:
 Ilya Minkov wrote:

 I've tried to build DIG 0.0.8 with newer compiler verions:

 DMD 0.52 - all examples "disappear" after a few seconds of working;
 dedit gets an "exception: acess violation" a few seconds after start,
 and then disappears as well.
 DMD 0.53 - none of examples shows a window.
 DMD 0.54 - after fxing the source and getting it to compile, the same
 result as 0.53. :(
Walter, did you also change array append to delete the previous copy if it re-allocates? What it's failing on is a line I have deleting from an append if it changed the pointer. I should be removing that crap anyway, and if that change has been made, then kickass.
"Burton Radons" <loth users.sourceforge.net> wrote in message
news:b2mdl5$2sb5$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Walter, did you also change array append to delete the previous copy if
 it re-allocates?  What it's failing on is a line I have deleting from an
 append if it changed the pointer.  I should be removing that crap
 anyway, and if that change has been made, then kickass.
No, I didn't change that.
Feb 15 2003