D - todo list or planned features.

reply Evan McClanahan <evan dontSPAMaltarinteractive.com> writes:
One thing that might cut down on some of the redudant posts to the
newsgroup would be codifying some of the features that are planned to
added to D.  A page on the D spec, so that people don't have to run
through the entire spec looking for that feature that they want. Just an
idea.

Evan
Jan 19 2003
next sibling parent reply "Daniel Yokomiso" <daniel_yokomiso yahoo.com.br> writes:
"Evan McClanahan" <evan dontSPAMaltarinteractive.com> escreveu na mensagem
news:b0e2r9$2m8s$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 One thing that might cut down on some of the redudant posts to the
 newsgroup would be codifying some of the features that are planned to
 added to D.  A page on the D spec, so that people don't have to run
 through the entire spec looking for that feature that they want. Just an
 idea.

 Evan
Maybe we could start a wiki on D. We could move most of this discussions to it, and make something more consistent. There's someone here with experience in running a wiki? --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.443 / Virus Database: 248 - Release Date: 10/1/2003
Jan 19 2003
next sibling parent reply Kimberley Burchett <kimbly nospam.cybercom.net> writes:
Daniel Yokomiso wrote:
 Maybe we could start a wiki on D. We could move most of this discussions
 to it, and make something more consistent. There's someone here with
 experience in running a wiki?
I've never met a wiki I liked. They're usually very disorganized and frustrating to use. I think of them as a public "note to self". I was once working with someone who came across a wiki for the first time. They asked me, "What is wiki? Is it just a name for really annoyingly organized webpage?" Kimberley Burchett
Jan 19 2003
next sibling parent "Robert Medeiros" <robert.medeiros utoronto.ca> writes:
 Maybe we could start a wiki on D. We could move most of this discussions
 to it, and make something more consistent. There's someone here with
 experience in running a wiki?
I've never met a wiki I liked. They're usually very disorganized and frustrating to use. I think of them as a public "note to self".
Perhaps a regularly posted FAQ would be helpful? http://www.faqs.org/faqs/faqs/minimal-digest-format/ http://www.faqs.org/ I seem to recall encountering HTML FAQ tools that allow the public to add and modify questions and responses, which might cut down on work for the maintainer. Rob
Jan 19 2003
prev sibling next sibling parent "Robert Medeiros" <robert.medeiros utoronto.ca> writes:
 Maybe we could start a wiki on D. We could move most of this discussions
 to it, and make something more consistent. There's someone here with
 experience in running a wiki?
I've never met a wiki I liked. They're usually very disorganized and frustrating to use. I think of them as a public "note to self".
An alternative that might fit nicely is gforge, located at http://gforge.org/. The feature request tracking might be particularly helpful, as well as the bug database, project hosting and other features we've come to know and love from sourceforge. Rob
Jan 19 2003
prev sibling parent "Daniel Yokomiso" <daniel_yokomiso yahoo.com.br> writes:
"Kimberley Burchett" <kimbly nospam.cybercom.net> escreveu na mensagem
news:b0ejbk$2tdq$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Daniel Yokomiso wrote:
 Maybe we could start a wiki on D. We could move most of this discussions
 to it, and make something more consistent. There's someone here with
 experience in running a wiki?
I've never met a wiki I liked. They're usually very disorganized and frustrating to use. I think of them as a public "note to self". I was once working with someone who came across a wiki for the first time. They asked me, "What is wiki? Is it just a name for really annoyingly organized webpage?" Kimberley Burchett
I usually browse Haskell ( http://haskell.org/wiki/wiki )and c2 http://c2.com/cgi/wiki . Both seem pretty useful for learning and discussing new things. Nice language ( http://nice.sourceforge.net ) also offered a good wiki, but it seems down. I think it would be good for keeping threads of discussion and showing possible code snippets for requested features. We have several different template proposals buried in the 10k posts and every other new person here writes another. For these things it would be good. --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.443 / Virus Database: 248 - Release Date: 10/1/2003
Jan 19 2003
On Sun, 19 Jan 2003 11:22:58 -0300

I've run a few TWiki's. Even on sourceforge (which was a pain in the ass, btw). If you want an example of TWiki, check out http://empyrean.sf.net/ It's very powerful and quite nifty. -- Theodore Reed (rizen/bancus) -==- http://www.surreality.us/ ~OpenPGP Signed/Encrypted Mail Preferred; Finger me for my public key!~ "We were born with a curse. It has always driven us to thoughts which men may not wish. We know that we are evil, but there is no will in us and no power to resist it. This is our wonder and our secret fear, that we know and do not resist." -- Equality 7-2521, Ayn Rand's Anthem
See www.digitalmars.com/d/future.html

"Evan McClanahan" <evan dontSPAMaltarinteractive.com> wrote in message
news:b0e2r9$2m8s$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 One thing that might cut down on some of the redudant posts to the
 newsgroup would be codifying some of the features that are planned to
 added to D.  A page on the D spec, so that people don't have to run
 through the entire spec looking for that feature that they want. Just an
 idea.

 Evan
Jan 20 2003