c++.stlsoft
c++.windows
c++.windows.16-bits
c++.windows.32-bits
c++.wxwindows

digitalmars.empire
digitalmars.DMDScript

c++ - Boost Type Traits

↑ ↓ ← Daniel James <daniel calamity.org.uk> writes:
Hi Walter,

My patch for type traits have just been comitted to boost CVS, which I
think will make it easier to get some other parts of Boost working.
There are still parts of type traits that don't work, but now the most
important traits do - is_convertible especially.

There was a small fuss when I posted the patches, over whether it's best
to add work arounds in boost or wait for you to fix bugs in the
compiler. The patch was applied anyway, but it would be still be useful
to know if you're likely to fix any of these bugs soon. I'm not trying
to put any pressure on you, 'no' is always a very good answer. And what
right would I have to, anyway?

More bug reports soon, I'm afraid.

By the way, if you can only fix one bug report, ignore mine, and go for
Aleksey's. I realise it doesn't actually work like that, but fixing his
bug would probably help boost more.

thanks,

Daniel
Aug 24 2004
I intend to fix all the bugs, but I don't have a timeline. I do appreciate
the effort you're putting into the excellent bug reports you post. Also, it
helps to know what the priorities are. -Walter

"Daniel James" <daniel calamity.org.uk> wrote in message
news:412B7993.5080707 calamity.org.uk...
[...]

OK, thanks for that. Out of all the bugs that I've reported, the important ones are: 'Whitespace prevents concatenation' and the implicit conversions in 'Bugs affecting boost::is_convertible'. Daniel
Aug 24 2004