c++.stlsoft
c++.windows
c++.windows.16-bits
c++.windows.32-bits
c++.wxwindows

digitalmars.empire
digitalmars.DMDScript

c++ - New to C++...

↑ ↓ ← asdf <asdf_member pathlink.com> writes:
hi,

I'm new to C++, just bought the CD. Any ideas of a good place to get stated with
Digital Mars C++?

thanks
Mar 04 2004
"Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> writes:
The tutorials on the CD are a good place to start,

    www.digitalmars.com/ugr/ugr.html

"asdf" <asdf_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:c28th5$2l0s$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 hi,

 I'm new to C++, just bought the CD. Any ideas of a good place to get

 Digital Mars C++?

 thanks

Mar 06 2004
In article <c2d464$ptg$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
The tutorials on the CD are a good place to start,

    www.digitalmars.com/ugr/ugr.html

When I try to build it, it says "build failed". What could cause this, and what files do I need in my project?
Mar 08 2004
"asdf" <asdf_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:c2j3hg$2e8e$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 In article <c2d464$ptg$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
The tutorials on the CD are a good place to start,

    www.digitalmars.com/ugr/ugr.html

 When I try to build it, it says "build failed". What could cause this, and

 files do I need in my project?

Usually there's an error message in addition to the build failed one.
Mar 09 2004
I'm with asdf, except i'm new to programming in general.
Please, someone help me figure out how to start the compiler!!!

ya...
May 18 2004
I'm with asdf, except i'm new to programming in general.
Please, someone help me figure out how to start the compiler!!!

ya...
May 18 2004
mark h <mark_member pathlink.com> writes:
I'm with asdf, except i'm new to programming in general.
Please, someone help me figure out how to start the compiler!!!

ya...
May 18 2004
"mark h" <mark_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:c8e0bn$2das$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I'm with asdf, except i'm new to programming in general.
 Please, someone help me figure out how to start the compiler!!!

Type: dmc foo.c from the command prompt.
May 19 2004
In article <c8hh8c$21e5$2 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
"mark h" <mark_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:c8e0bn$2das$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I'm with asdf, except i'm new to programming in general.
 Please, someone help me figure out how to start the compiler!!!

Type: dmc foo.c from the command prompt.

how do you get to the command prompt?
Jul 03 2004
"zack" <zack_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:cc7gkp$1vmr$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 In article <c8hh8c$21e5$2 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
"mark h" <mark_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:c8e0bn$2das$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I'm with asdf, except i'm new to programming in general.
 Please, someone help me figure out how to start the compiler!!!

Type: dmc foo.c from the command prompt.

how do you get to the command prompt?

Press [Start], and there's an item called [Command Prompt]. I suspect that you'd be well served by going to Barnes and Noble and picking out a tutorial book on using Windows. There are a number of operating system concepts like files, directories, environment variables, command prompt commands, paths, text editors, etc., you'll need to know in order to be successful in using command prompt tools like DMC.
Jul 06 2004