c++.stlsoft
c++.windows
c++.windows.16-bits
c++.windows.32-bits
c++.wxwindows

digitalmars.empire
digitalmars.DMDScript

c++ - cosh bug

↑ ↓ ← Christian Jullien <Christian_member pathlink.com> writes:
I finally had a chance to test My OpenLisp compiler with DMC.
To cope with macro expansion bug I had to use 'old' sppn.exe form
Symantec 7.5 distro and then compile .i result files. ;o{{

The complete non-regresion tests only show me a bug in cosh function that is
twice as big as all other C compilers (> 60). This bug was not present
in the original 7.5 Symantec version.

Hope this will help you to improve your nice compiler.

P.S. As soon as I have a working DMC (without the above patch for macros),
it will be included in my supported compiler list.

-----------------

#include <stdio.h>
#include <math.h>

int
main()
{
printf( "%f\n", cosh( 1.0 ) );
return 0;
}
------------------

C:\>dmc dmcosh.c && dmcosh.exe
link dmcosh,,,user32+kernel32/noi;

3.086161

------------------
C:\>cl dmcosh.c && dmcosh.exe
Microsoft (R) 32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 13.10.3077 for 80x86
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1984-2002. All rights reserved.

dmcosh.c
Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 7.10.3077

/out:dmcosh.exe
dmcosh.obj
1.543081

------------------
C:\>gcc -o dmcosh.exe dmcosh.c && dmcosh.exe
gcc version 3.3.1 (cygming special)

1.543081
Nov 01 2003
"Christian Jullien" <Christian_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bnvtam$224h$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Hope this will help you to improve your nice compiler.

Yes, it will help. Thanks!
 P.S. As soon as I have a working DMC (without the above patch for macros),
 it will be included in my supported compiler list.

I'll let you know as soon as it is fixed.
Nov 01 2003