c++.stl.sgi
c++.stlsoft
c++.windows
c++.windows.16-bits
c++.windows.32-bits
c++.wxwindows

digitalmars.empire
digitalmars.DMDScript

c++ - std::exception prev def different in snn.lib

↑ ↓ ← "Wichetael" <wichetael gmx.net> writes:
Hi another problem I'm having...

The problem is that I don't know which change triggered it and everything
I've tried to find out what is causing it has come up empty, so now I get
these previous definition different errors during linking:

SNN.lib(except)  Offset 0791FH Record Type 00C3 Error 1: Previous Definition
Different : ??1exception std  UAE XZ (syscall std:
:exception::~exception(void ))
SNN.lib(except)  Offset 07A1AH Record Type 00C3 Error 1: Previous Definition
Different : ?what exception std  UBEPBDXZ (char co
nst *syscall std::exception::what(void )const )
SNN.lib(except)  Offset 07B11H Record Type 00C3 Error 1: Previous Definition
Different : ??1bad_exception std  UAE XZ (syscall
std::bad_exception::~bad_exception(void ))
SNN.lib(except)  Offset 07BCFH Record Type 00C3 Error 1: Previous Definition
Different : ?what bad_exception std  UBEPBDXZ (cha
r const *syscall std::bad_exception::what(void )const )

I've tried leaving out all libs from the compile, I've tried reverting all
the code changes I remember making between the last successful compile and
now, I've tried reverting back to dmc834c as I'd just updated to dmc837c and
I've tried renaming everything within my code with anything of a name even
remotely resembling exception to something else, but none of it solved my
problem...  I'm completely stumped, I have no idea where this could come
from, anybody any idea where I should be looking...

Regards,

Remko van der Vossen
Oct 21 2003
It means that the symbols listed are there more than once in your library or
.obj files, i.e. there are multiple definitions of the same symbols. I would
start by deleting snn.lib and downloading it again.

"Wichetael" <wichetael gmx.net> wrote in message
news:bn2qpf$abt$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

Yes, but where could it be coming from?? replacing snn.lib doesn't help...

news:bn3qks$1l6t$1 digitaldaemon.com...