c++.stlsoft
c++.windows
c++.windows.16-bits
c++.windows.32-bits
c++.wxwindows

digitalmars.empire
digitalmars.DMDScript

c++ - Question about dependencies

↑ ↓ ← "Christian Kaiser" <chk online.de> writes:
Does DMC has an autodepend feature?

Watcom includes information about all the included header files in the OBJ
files, so once the MAKE is run, it will automatically scan the OBJs and find
out the ones that need to be recompiled one a dependent file changes.

I saw DMC has a switch to create a DEP file, but is that needed to be run
once when I add a header file, or can that switch be given always, so that
it will work just as that Watcom feature for lazy programmers like me?

Thanks

Christian
Oct 05 2003