c++.stlsoft
c++.windows
c++.windows.16-bits
c++.windows.32-bits
c++.wxwindows

digitalmars.empire
digitalmars.DMDScript

c++ - Getting weird warnings

↑ ↓ ← "Jim Jennings" <jwjenn mindspring.com> writes:
This program works, but what are these warnings all about? The program
compiles on g++ and bcc32 without complaint. From STL Tutorial and
Reference, Second Edition, Musser, Derge, Saini
 ex02-08.cpp, pp. 29-30

// Demonstrating the generic find algorithm with a deque
#include <iostream>
#include <cassert>
#include <deque>
#include <algorithm>  // For find
using namespace std;
template <typename Container>
Container make(const char s[])
{
  return Container(&s[0], &s[strlen(s)]);
}

int main()
{
  cout << "Demonstrating generic find algorithm with "
       << "a deque." << endl;
  deque<char> deque1 =
    make< deque<char> >("C++ is a better C");

  // Search for the first occurrence of the letter e:
  deque<char>::iterator
    where = find(deque1.begin(), deque1.end(), 'e');
  assert (*where == 'e' && *(where + 1) == 't');
  cout << " --- Ok." << endl;
  return 0;
}:

 C:\dm\bin\sc -Ae -C -WA -S -5 -a8 -o ex02-08.exe
ex02-08.cpp -I\dm\stlport\stlport
ex02-08.cpp(27) : Warning 12: variable 'char ** __cur_node' used before set
ex02-08.cpp(27) : Warning 12: variable 'char ** __cur' used before set
ex02-08.cpp(27) : Warning 12: variable 'char ** __cur' used before set
link ex02-08,ex02-08,,user32+kernel32/noi;
Apr 09 2003