c++.stl.sgi
c++.stlsoft
c++.windows
c++.windows.16-bits
c++.windows.32-bits
c++.wxwindows

digitalmars.empire
digitalmars.DMDScript

c++ - How do I suppress the creation of a map file?

↑ ↓ ← "Matthew Wilson" <dmd synesis.com.au> writes:

Apr 07 2003
↑ ↓ Arjan Knepper <ask me.to> writes:
/NOMAP

Matthew Wilson wrote:
Apr 07 2003
→ "Matthew Wilson" <dmd synesis.com.au> writes:
Brilliant.

Doh!

Thanks

:)

"Arjan Knepper" <ask me.to> wrote in message
news:b6r8lm$12jo$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 /NOMAP

 Matthew Wilson wrote:

Apr 07 2003
"Matthew Wilson" <dmd synesis.com.au> writes:
That works nicely.

For the benefit of others, when linking via DMC++, one needs to specify

-L/nomap

Thanks again Arjan

"Arjan Knepper" <ask me.to> wrote in message
news:b6r8lm$12jo$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 /NOMAP

 Matthew Wilson wrote:

Apr 07 2003
↑ ↓ "Matthew Wilson" <dmd synesis.com.au> writes:
I spoke too soon. The linker command does seem to accept the flag, and the
"/nomap" sequence is included in the link command.

Alas, map files are still build. Very annoying!

"Matthew Wilson" <dmd synesis.com.au> wrote in message
news:b6s1vt$1joq$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 That works nicely.

 For the benefit of others, when linking via DMC++, one needs to specify

 -L/nomap

 Thanks again Arjan

 "Arjan Knepper" <ask me.to> wrote in message
 news:b6r8lm$12jo$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 /NOMAP

 Matthew Wilson wrote:

Apr 07 2003
Typical, using link.exe /NOMAP test.obj does not generate a .map using
dmc -L/NOMAP test.cpp _does_ generate a .map. Strange...

Using the IDDE, the command in the outputwindow looks like:
link /NOI /DE /E /PACKF /XN /NT /ENTRY:WinMainCRTStartup /BAS:4194304
 I spoke too soon. The linker command does seem to accept the flag, and the
 "/nomap" sequence is included in the link command.

 Alas, map files are still build. Very annoying!

 "Matthew Wilson" <dmd synesis.com.au> wrote in message
 news:b6s1vt$1joq$1 digitaldaemon.com...

That works nicely.

For the benefit of others, when linking via DMC++, one needs to specify

-L/nomap

Thanks again Arjan

"Arjan Knepper" <ask me.to> wrote in message
news:b6r8lm$12jo$1 digitaldaemon.com...

/NOMAP

Matthew Wilson wrote:

Apr 07 2003
Thanks for the info. I'll try and change the makefile to use LINK and not
DMC

"Arjan Knepper" <ask me.to> wrote in message
news:b6s5vt$16e$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Typical, using link.exe /NOMAP test.obj does not generate a .map using
 dmc -L/NOMAP test.cpp _does_ generate a .map. Strange...

 Using the IDDE, the command in the outputwindow looks like:
 link /NOI /DE /E /PACKF /XN /NT /ENTRY:WinMainCRTStartup /BAS:4194304
 I spoke too soon. The linker command does seem to accept the flag, and

 "/nomap" sequence is included in the link command.

 Alas, map files are still build. Very annoying!

 "Matthew Wilson" <dmd synesis.com.au> wrote in message
 news:b6s1vt$1joq$1 digitaldaemon.com...

That works nicely.

For the benefit of others, when linking via DMC++, one needs to specify

-L/nomap

Thanks again Arjan

"Arjan Knepper" <ask me.to> wrote in message
news:b6r8lm$12jo$1 digitaldaemon.com...

/NOMAP

Matthew Wilson wrote:

Apr 07 2003
"Matthew Wilson" <dmd synesis.com.au> wrote in message
news:b6srvg$jhb$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Thanks for the info. I'll try and change the makefile to use LINK and not
 DMC

I'd be interested in knowing what you have in your makefile. I have tried the following. The commented lines at the end work, and there is no map file remaining. I am not sure that I can do what I am trying to do with the code as it stands (or if I even have it right). I write a lot of little one file programs and would like to eliminate the leftover map file. One can always delete the map file as an extra step either from the command line for with a makefile command, but it is a pain. I forget and end up with a lot of trash sitting around. DMDIR=C:\dm\bin CC=$(DMDIR)\dmc CFLAGS=-Ae -C -WA -S -5 -a8 INCLUDES=-I\dm\stlport\stlport LINKER=$(DMDIR)\link LFLAGS=/NOI /DE /E /PACKF /XN /NT .SUFFIXES: .c .cpp .h .hpp .obj .exe .cpp.obj: $(CC) -c $? $(CFLAGS) $(INCLUDES) obj.exe: $(LINKER) $(LFLAGS) -o $? #strsiz.obj: strsiz.cpp # $(CC) -c $(CFLAGS) $? $(INCLUDES) #strsiz.exe: strsiz.obj # $(LINKER) $(LFLAGS) $? sc strsiz.cpp Fatal error: unable to open input file 'iostream' --- errorlevel 1
Apr 07 2003
"Jim Jennings" <jwjenn mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:b6tbuv$uvf$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 "Matthew Wilson" <dmd synesis.com.au> wrote in message
 news:b6srvg$jhb$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Thanks for the info. I'll try and change the makefile to use LINK and

 DMC

I'd be interested in knowing what you have in your makefile. I have tried the following. The commented lines at the end work, and there is no map

 remaining. I am not sure that I can do what I am trying to do with the

 as it stands (or if I even have it right). I write a lot of little one

 programs and would like to eliminate the leftover map file. One can always
 delete the map file as an extra step either from the command line for with

 makefile command, but it is a pain. I forget and end up with a lot of

 sitting around.

This works so I will go with it until I know more about make. .cpp.obj: $(CC) -c $? $(CFLAGS) $(INCLUDES) strsiz.exe: strsiz.obj $(LINKER) $(LFLAGS) $<
Apr 07 2003