c++.stlsoft
c++.windows
c++.windows.16-bits
c++.windows.32-bits
c++.wxwindows

digitalmars.empire
digitalmars.DMDScript

c++ - Really dumb make question ...

↑ ↓ ← "Matthew Wilson" <dmd synesis.com.au> writes:
Why does everyone keep talking about smake? I'm using make (and typing in
smake.exe yields nothing).

Yours, prepared to be embarrassed ...

Matthew
Mar 20 2003
↑ ↓ "Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> writes:
"Matthew Wilson" <dmd synesis.com.au> wrote in message
news:b5dmhk$2cdl$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Why does everyone keep talking about smake? I'm using make (and typing in
 smake.exe yields nothing).

Two make programs come with DMC, smake and make. Which one you like better is a matter of personal taste.
Mar 20 2003
In article <b5dpuv$2eqi$1 digitaldaemon.com>, walter digitalmars.com
says...

 "Matthew Wilson" <dmd synesis.com.au> wrote in message
 news:b5dmhk$2cdl$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Why does everyone keep talking about smake? I'm using make (and typing in
 smake.exe yields nothing).

Two make programs come with DMC, smake and make. Which one you like better is a matter of personal taste.

I bought my DMC CD, smake was included. Does the DMC CD still include those utils, or do I need to buy the ExUtils CD? Tim
Mar 21 2003
"tjulian" <tjulian removethis.oldi.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.18e4dc597a6ac97e989682 news.digitalmars.com...
 I have noticed that smake is now on the Extended utilities package. When
 I bought my DMC CD, smake was included. Does the DMC CD still include
 those utils, or do I need to buy the ExUtils CD?

The CD version includes all the extended utilities.
Mar 21 2003
In article <b5fehh$nu3$1 digitaldaemon.com>, walter digitalmars.com
says...

 "tjulian" <tjulian removethis.oldi.com> wrote in message
 news:MPG.18e4dc597a6ac97e989682 news.digitalmars.com...
 I have noticed that smake is now on the Extended utilities package. When
 I bought my DMC CD, smake was included. Does the DMC CD still include
 those utils, or do I need to buy the ExUtils CD?

The CD version includes all the extended utilities.

programs such as diff and drdiff that are on the ExtUtils CD but have not been added to the CD updates. Tim
Mar 21 2003