c++.windows
c++.windows.16-bits
c++.windows.32-bits
c++.wxwindows

digitalmars.empire
digitalmars.DMDScript

c++ - Background color problem

↑ ↓ ← "Gary" <gedumer bcpl.net> writes:
I'm having a problem with the background color of STATIC, GROUPBOX,
CHECKBOX, and RADIOBUTTON controls using the DMC v8.32. Possibly other
controls as well, but these are the only ones I've tried. When I compile the
program with the Borland C/C++ 5.5 commandline compiler, all controls show
the same background as the main window, as set in the WNDCLASSEX structure.
Using the LCCWin32 C compiler, I have the same results. But with the DMC
compiler, these controls always have a white background, no matter what I
do. I also had the same problen with the OpenWatcom 1.0 compiler, but that
problem was solved by adding a "system win95" directive to the linker
command line. Is there a similar option for DMC? I'm using "dmc -mn win.cpp
gdi32.lib" to compile the program and a win.def file containing "EXETYPE NT"
and "SUBSYSTEM WINDOWS". I must be missing something. Also, I can't keep the
console window from showing. The test program follows:

#include <windows.h>

LRESULT CALLBACK WndProc(HWND hwnd,UINT Message,WPARAM wParam,LPARAM
lParam);
HINSTANCE g_hInst;
int WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance,HINSTANCE hPrevInstance,LPSTR
lpCmdLine,int nCmdShow)
{
HWND    hwnd;
MSG     Msg;
HICON   hIcon;
HCURSOR hCursor;
TCHAR chClassName[]=TEXT("SIMPLEWND");
WNDCLASSEX wcx;
g_hInst=hInstance;
hIcon=(HICON)LoadImage(0,IDI_APPLICATION,IMAGE_ICON,0,0,LR_SHARED);
hCursor=(HCURSOR)LoadImage(0,IDC_ARROW,IMAGE_CURSOR,0,0,LR_SHARED);
wcx.cbSize           = sizeof(WNDCLASSEX);
wcx.style            = CS_HREDRAW|CS_VREDRAW;
wcx.lpfnWndProc      = (WNDPROC)WndProc;
wcx.cbClsExtra       = 0;
wcx.cbWndExtra       = 0;
wcx.hInstance        = hInstance;
wcx.hIcon            = hIcon;
wcx.hCursor          = hCursor;
wcx.hbrBackground    = (HBRUSH)(COLOR_BTNFACE+1);
wcx.lpszMenuName     = NULL;
wcx.lpszClassName    = chClassName;
wcx.hIconSm          = NULL;
if (!RegisterClassEx(&wcx))
    {
    MessageBox( NULL,
                TEXT("Failed to register wnd class"),
                TEXT("ERROR"),
                MB_OK|MB_ICONERROR);
    return FALSE;
    }
hwnd=CreateWindowEx(0,
                    chClassName,
                    TEXT("Static Controls"),
                    WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW,
                    GetSystemMetrics(SM_CXSCREEN)/4,
                    GetSystemMetrics(SM_CYSCREEN)/4,
                    GetSystemMetrics(SM_CXSCREEN)/2,
                    GetSystemMetrics(SM_CYSCREEN)/2,
                    NULL,
                    NULL,
                    hInstance,
                    NULL);
if (!hwnd)
    {
    MessageBox( NULL,
                TEXT("Failed to create wnd"),
                TEXT("ERROR"),
                MB_OK|MB_ICONERROR);
    return FALSE;
    }
ShowWindow(hwnd,nCmdShow);
UpdateWindow(hwnd);
while (GetMessage(&Msg,NULL,0,0))
    {
    TranslateMessage(&Msg);
    DispatchMessage(&Msg);
    }
return Msg.wParam;
}
LRESULT CALLBACK WndProc(HWND hwnd,UINT Message,WPARAM wParam,LPARAM lParam)
{
static HWND hCntrl;
switch (Message)
    {
    case WM_CREATE:
        CreateWindowEx(0,
                       TEXT("STATIC"),
                       NULL,
                       WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE|SS_WHITERECT,
                       10,
                       10,
                       160,
                       30,
                       hwnd,
                       NULL,
                       g_hInst,
                       NULL);
        CreateWindowEx(0,
                       TEXT("STATIC"),
                       TEXT("TEXT STATIC CONTROL"),
                       WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE|SS_SIMPLE,
                       10,
                       50,
                       160,
                       30,
                       hwnd,
                       NULL,
                       g_hInst,
                       NULL);
        hCntrl=CreateWindowEx(0,
                              TEXT("STATIC"),
                              NULL,
                              WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE|SS_ICON,
                              10,
                              80,
                              40,
                              40,
                              hwnd,
                              NULL,
                              g_hInst,
                              NULL);
        SendMessage(hCntrl,STM_SETIMAGE,IMAGE_ICON,(LPARAM)LoadImage(0,

IDI_APPLICATION,

IMAGE_ICON,

0,0,LR_SHARED));
        return 0;
    case WM_DESTROY:
        PostQuitMessage(0);
        return 0;
    default:
        return DefWindowProc(hwnd,Message,wParam,lParam);

Any ideas?

Gary.
Mar 10 2003
[...]

I've tried that, but it doesn't work either.

Gary

"Jan Knepper" <jan smartsoft.us> wrote in message
news:3E6D6FAF.A9D2D2DB smartsoft.us...
 I think you have to add
 EXETYPE           NT
 SUBSYSTEM     WINDOWS,4.0
 to the .def file.

 Jan

 Gary wrote:

[...]

Mar 11 2003
It's working now... not sure why, but I rebooted and now it works???