c++.stlsoft
c++.windows
c++.windows.16-bits
c++.windows.32-bits
c++.wxwindows

digitalmars.empire
digitalmars.DMDScript

c++ - Blitz++ and Digital Mars C++

↑ ↓ ← "Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> writes:
Anyone want to take a crack at porting Blitz++ to DMC++? I received this
email about it (posted with permission):

Hi Walter,

I for one would be happy to see this.  The more ports to
different C++ compilers we have for Blitz, the better, as
far as I'm concerned.  I just downloaded the dm C++ compiler
and I will play around with it in my spare time.  Is there
the equivalent of Borland C++ project files for the dm compiler?
You would need to produce some of these for compiling the
Blitz library (which is small and just contains a few global
static objects) and some or all of the testsuite codes.  Also,
you would need to produce a version of the config.h file that
indicates which C++ features are supported by the dm compiler.
If you can do these things and successfully build the Blitz
testsuite codes with the dm compiler, I would be happy to add
the config and project files to the Blitz distribution.  You
should download a current copy of Blitz from the Blitz website
and start from there.  There are sample versions of the config.h
file for a few compilers that you may use as a template.  For the
Blitz library, just compile the single file globals.cpp.  Then
try to build and link the codes in the testsuite subdirectory.
Let me know if I can be of help with this.

Regards, Julian C.

P.S.  I am chiming in here because Todd V. is working on his PhD
thesis and has limited time to deal with Blitz issues these days.
So a few other folks such as myself are handling maintenance now.

Dr. Julian C. Cummings
Staff Scientist, CACR/Caltech
(626) 395-2543
cummings cacr.caltech.edu