c++.stlsoft
c++.windows
c++.windows.16-bits
c++.windows.32-bits
c++.wxwindows

digitalmars.empire
digitalmars.DMDScript

c++ - C++ tools

↑ ↓ ← Ilya Minkov <midiclub 8ung.at> writes:
Walter, why don't you use makeheaders?
http://www.hwaci.com/sw/mkhdr/

It is a lightweight fast program, which eliminates the need of total.h
and reduces recompile time drastically. Besides, it makes life easier by
not having a need to consider #include salad - it simply makes all
public declarations available to a set of C files, pre-sorted! Try it
out. It should compile and work on every 32-bit ANSI C system. So far I
have made very good experiences with it. The only adverse effect was, it
has hidden the source of a couple of declaration mismatches, that is it
was clear what the problem is at once, but you have to grep to find
where the false declaration source is. A very minor problem if grep is
inegrated into the IDE.

It also appears that the guys have also written a BISON replacement
which is much faster and supports LALR grammars.
http://www.hwaci.com/sw/lemon/index.html

I think it requieres makeheaders, but I guess it can be changed easily.

The source is tiny, well-commented and legible, not overbloated and
seems to be OK. I made minor changes to makeheadres and they appeared to
be easy. They have also written a number of other interesting things.

-i.
Jan 18 2003
It's a nice tool, but I am congenitally unable to use any tool I didn't
write myself (why do you think I wrote a compiler in the first place? <g>).

"Ilya Minkov" <midiclub 8ung.at> wrote in message
news:b0bqlb$1dlg$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

Well, maybe writing another compiler for a better language fixing a
necessity in loads of tools used in C and C++ is a more sane decision.
Altogether with making everything better.

BTW, the absence of comments in your code sucks! I'm not very fond of
reading code.

Walter wrote:
[...]

Jan 21 2003