c++.stl.sgi
c++.stlsoft
c++.windows
c++.windows.16-bits
c++.windows.32-bits
c++.wxwindows

digitalmars.empire
digitalmars.DMDScript

c++ - language extension __debug statement

↑ ↓ ← Richard <fractal clark.net> writes:
Having some trouble with the __debug extension to c++ in a console-debug
project.

When I try:

#include <iostream>
void main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
__debug int HD = 1;
__debug(HD)cout << "working" << endl;
}

There is no output. Perhaps I have misunderstood the syntax.. I thought that
"__debug (expression) statement else statement" was a conditional control ala
"(expression) ? statement : statement". Did I get it wrong?

mmmm..

I also try just:

#include <iostream>
void main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
__debug cout << "working" << endl;
}

and no output. Has the __debug extension to c++ been deprecated in DM? Perhaps I
need throw some compiler switch?

Ok, I know its an extension. I have one core module that has copious output when
debug, and it is useful to turn it on and off at times while in a debug build.

Richard
Nov 11 2002