c++.stlsoft
c++.windows
c++.windows.16-bits
c++.windows.32-bits
c++.wxwindows

digitalmars.empire
digitalmars.DMDScript

c++ - Database

↑ ↓ ← "DigitalMars" <mcmprch soundbeachfinancial.com> writes:
Help...dull crayon here...

Does anyone have a simple project that opens an Access DB (or ODBC data
source) and reads from a table? I haven't, yet, successfully  run any of the
sample DB code in the MFC directory. All the MFC code I seem to find in the
Web seems to rely on later versions of VC++. aarghhh....

I'm very familiar with ADO concepts...just not how to implement in C++.

Thanks
Michael
Jun 14 2002
Does this work? I haven't try? Let us know...

http://www.wd-mag.com/articles/2001/0101/0101a/0101a.htm?topic=articles

"DigitalMars" <mcmprch soundbeachfinancial.com> wrote in message
news:aed9it$boo$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Help...dull crayon here...

 Does anyone have a simple project that opens an Access DB (or ODBC data
 source) and reads from a table? I haven't, yet, successfully  run any of

 sample DB code in the MFC directory. All the MFC code I seem to find in

 Web seems to rely on later versions of VC++. aarghhh....

 I'm very familiar with ADO concepts...just not how to implement in C++.

 Thanks
 Michael

Jun 16 2002
 Does this work? I haven't try? Let us know...

 http://www.wd-mag.com/articles/2001/0101/0101a/0101a.htm?topic=articles

 "DigitalMars" <mcmprch soundbeachfinancial.com> wrote in message
 news:aed9it$boo$1 digitaldaemon.com...

Help...dull crayon here...

Does anyone have a simple project that opens an Access DB (or ODBC data
source) and reads from a table? I haven't, yet, successfully  run any of

the
sample DB code in the MFC directory. All the MFC code I seem to find in

the
Web seems to rely on later versions of VC++. aarghhh....

I'm very familiar with ADO concepts...just not how to implement in C++.

Thanks
Michael

As an update, the mfc sample on the CD comiled and ran fine on my WIN98 box at home this weekend. Which, of course, leaves the dull crayon with more questions....The code in that article relies on the #import statement. I guess this really belongs in the MFC group. Thanks for the pointer... Michael
Jun 16 2002