c++ - Multi-threaded library for linking?

reply Jack <Jack_member pathlink.com> writes:
Is Digital Mars C++ only produce 32bit single-threaded code by linking with
snn.lib? How if I want to create a 32bit multi-threaded program? I've looked
into the documentations but found no information about this.
Feb 06 2005
parent reply Jan Knepper <jan smartsoft.us> writes:
Digital Mars's snn.lib is Multi Threaded. There is no single threaded
library. (Why would one use one anyways)...

Jack wrote:
 Is Digital Mars C++ only produce 32bit single-threaded code by linking with
 snn.lib? How if I want to create a 32bit multi-threaded program? I've looked
 into the documentations but found no information about this.

-- ManiaC++ Jan Knepper But as for me and my household, we shall use Mozilla... www.mozilla.org
Feb 07 2005
next sibling parent reply "Matthew" <admin stlsoft.dot.dot.dot.dot.org> writes:
"Jan Knepper" <jan smartsoft.us> wrote in message
news:cu7u3h$2b3c$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Digital Mars's snn.lib is Multi Threaded. There is no single threaded
 library. (Why would one use one anyways)...
Speed? :-)
"Matthew" <admin stlsoft.dot.dot.dot.dot.org> wrote in message
news:cu916n$1eql$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 "Jan Knepper" <jan smartsoft.us> wrote in message
 news:cu7u3h$2b3c$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Digital Mars's snn.lib is Multi Threaded. There is no single threaded
 library. (Why would one use one anyways)...
Speed? :-)
The speed difference was the original motivation, but is inconsequential in practice. Add to that the disastrous bugs that can happen if the two get mixed up, and it surely isn't worth it.
Feb 07 2005
prev sibling parent Jack <Jack_member pathlink.com> writes:
Oh ok, thanks!

In article <cu7u3h$2b3c$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Jan Knepper says...