c++ - need help with compiler

reply deaddragon31991 aol.com writes:
um i resently got a book to start c and it said  i need a c compiler. Ive
download the compiler from this site but i dont know how to use it. The readme
said the compiler was in bin/dmc but when i enter it i just get a list of
commands thati can use. any help will be great thanks.
Dec 30 2004
<deaddragon31991 aol.com> wrote in message
news:cr1q4k$1e1f$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 um i resently got a book to start c and it said  i need a c compiler. Ive
 download the compiler from this site but i dont know how to use it. The
readme
 said the compiler was in bin/dmc but when i enter it i just get a list of
 commands thati can use. any help will be great thanks.
To compile the program hello.c: \dm\bin\dmc hello should do it.
Jan 01 2005
next sibling parent reply deaddragon31991 aol.com writes:
In article <cr6o47$bfu$2 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
<deaddragon31991 aol.com> wrote in message
news:cr1q4k$1e1f$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 um i resently got a book to start c and it said  i need a c compiler. Ive
 download the compiler from this site but i dont know how to use it. The
readme
 said the compiler was in bin/dmc but when i enter it i just get a list of
 commands thati can use. any help will be great thanks.
To compile the program hello.c: \dm\bin\dmc hello should do it.
how exactly do i save the files to this location the only programing backround i have is with html and that was all with textfiles
<deaddragon31991 aol.com> wrote in message
news:crercv$2p4d$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 In article <cr6o47$bfu$2 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
<deaddragon31991 aol.com> wrote in message
news:cr1q4k$1e1f$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 um i resently got a book to start c and it said  i need a c compiler.
Ive
 download the compiler from this site but i dont know how to use it. The
readme
 said the compiler was in bin/dmc but when i enter it i just get a list
of
 commands thati can use. any help will be great thanks.
To compile the program hello.c: \dm\bin\dmc hello should do it.
how exactly do i save the files to this location the only programing
backround i
 have is with html and that was all with textfiles
Save which files? DMC: cd \ unzip dmc.zip should do it. For hello, that is short for "hello.c", and you create it like you would any other text file.
Jan 04 2005
parent reply deaddragon31 <deaddragon31_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <crevar$2u15$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
[...]
i need to know how to have the compiler apply to it the only thing ive been able to do is save hello.c with a textad and then open it with dmc but when i open the .exe box that come i just see a bunch of odd symbols flash and then the program close
Jan 06 2005
parent reply Scott Michel <scottm aero.org> writes:
deaddragon31 wrote:
  > i need to know how to have the compiler apply to it the only thing
ive been able
 to do is save hello.c with a textad and then open it with dmc but when i open
 the .exe box that come i just see a bunch of odd symbols flash and then the
 program close
Open a command box (the "C:\" icon in Programs>Accessories). cd to the directory where the executable is. Then run the executable again. This time, you shouldn't see a console box, but you should see the actual output of the program. Theoretically, this should be "Hello World". :-) -scooter
Jan 07 2005
parent deaddragon31 <deaddragon31_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <crmiq0$2itq$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Scott Michel says...
deaddragon31 wrote:
  > i need to know how to have the compiler apply to it the only thing
ive been able
 to do is save hello.c with a textad and then open it with dmc but when i open
 the .exe box that come i just see a bunch of odd symbols flash and then the
 program close
Open a command box (the "C:\" icon in Programs>Accessories). cd to the directory where the executable is. Then run the executable again. This time, you shouldn't see a console box, but you should see the actual output of the program. Theoretically, this should be "Hello World". :-) -scooter
ah ty it works i found the command prompt when i was looking to find how to use it but i didnt know the commands ty so much i see the hello world
Jan 07 2005
prev sibling parent deaddragon31991 aol.com writes:
In article <cr6o47$bfu$2 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
<deaddragon31991 aol.com> wrote in message
news:cr1q4k$1e1f$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 um i resently got a book to start c and it said  i need a c compiler. Ive
 download the compiler from this site but i dont know how to use it. The
readme
 said the compiler was in bin/dmc but when i enter it i just get a list of
 commands thati can use. any help will be great thanks.
To compile the program hello.c: \dm\bin\dmc hello should do it.
I need to know wher the data. The only experiance i have programing is with html, and that was all witt text files.
Jan 04 2005