c++ - Conversion to private base

reply "Tom Udale" <tom tom.com> writes:
Just tried the newest version of the compiler, 8.41.8, in hopes that the
conversion to private base (reported in May by a couple of folks) had been
fixed but it does not seem to be.  Since I am sure there are alot of
different bugs on the list, I figured I ought to squeak.

Any chance that is in the pipeline?

Regards,

Tom Udale

P.S. in case you were wondering:

class A{};

void f(A&)

class B:private A
{
void    mf()
{
    f(*this);        // This generates an access error although B has access
to its own bases - private or not.
}
};
It's in tue queue!

"Tom Udale" <tom tom.com> wrote in message
news:cjfede$1l2e$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Just tried the newest version of the compiler, 8.41.8, in hopes that the
 conversion to private base (reported in May by a couple of folks) had been
 fixed but it does not seem to be.  Since I am sure there are alot of
 different bugs on the list, I figured I ought to squeak.

 Any chance that is in the pipeline?
Sep 30 2004
parent "Tom Udale" <email address.com> writes:
 It's in tue queue!
Thanks Walter! Regards, Tom
Oct 01 2004