c++ - DMC++: No -U ??

reply "Matthew" <admin stlsoft.dot.dot.dot.dot.org> writes:
Walter

Just working through the various configuration options for the different
compilers, and it seems that DMC does not support -U (to undefine a named
symbol). Is there another command for this? Also, how does one undefine all
symbols?

btw, congrats on "-cpp". :-)
Jul 10 2004
"Matthew" <admin stlsoft.dot.dot.dot.dot.org> wrote in message
news:ccq2vh$27bq$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Walter

 Just working through the various configuration options for the different
 compilers, and it seems that DMC does not support -U (to undefine a named
 symbol). Is there another command for this? Also, how does one undefine
all
 symbols?
There is no -U, just a -u to undefine all the symbols.
Jul 10 2004
parent reply "Matthew" <admin stlsoft.dot.dot.dot.dot.org> writes:
"Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:ccq8mg$2emo$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 "Matthew" <admin stlsoft.dot.dot.dot.dot.org> wrote in message
 news:ccq2vh$27bq$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Walter

 Just working through the various configuration options for the different
 compilers, and it seems that DMC does not support -U (to undefine a named
 symbol). Is there another command for this? Also, how does one undefine
all
 symbols?
There is no -U, just a -u to undefine all the symbols.
How about adding one? :-)
Jul 10 2004
"Matthew" <admin stlsoft.dot.dot.dot.dot.org> wrote in message
news:ccqa87$2gli$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 "Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> wrote in message
 news:ccq8mg$2emo$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 "Matthew" <admin stlsoft.dot.dot.dot.dot.org> wrote in message
 news:ccq2vh$27bq$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Walter

 Just working through the various configuration options for the
different
 compilers, and it seems that DMC does not support -U (to undefine a
named
 symbol). Is there another command for this? Also, how does one
undefine
 all
 symbols?
There is no -U, just a -u to undefine all the symbols.
How about adding one? :-)
Nobody has asked for it in 20 years. I've also never seen it used in any makefile. I've suspected from the beginning that it was a solution in search of a problem <g>.
Jul 10 2004
parent reply "Matthew" <admin stlsoft.dot.dot.dot.dot.org> writes:
"Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:ccqndj$1r1$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

I use it a lot, to stop Win32 compilers from thinking that they're on Win32, when I want to test some UNIX code.
Jul 11 2004
"Matthew" <admin stlsoft.dot.dot.dot.dot.org> wrote in message
news:ccr0oe$fdh$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 "Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> wrote in message
 news:ccqndj$1r1$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 There is no -U, just a -u to undefine all the symbols.
How about adding one? :-)
Nobody has asked for it in 20 years. I've also never seen it used in any makefile. I've suspected from the beginning that it was a solution in
search
 of a problem <g>.
I use it a lot, to stop Win32 compilers from thinking that they're on
Win32, when
 I want to test some UNIX code.
#undef _WIN32 will work, too.
Jul 11 2004
parent reply "Matthew" <matthew hat.stlsoft.dot.org> writes:
"Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:ccsev1$2dqp$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 "Matthew" <admin stlsoft.dot.dot.dot.dot.org> wrote in message
 news:ccr0oe$fdh$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 "Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> wrote in message
 news:ccqndj$1r1$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 There is no -U, just a -u to undefine all the symbols.
How about adding one? :-)
Nobody has asked for it in 20 years. I've also never seen it used in
any
 makefile. I've suspected from the beginning that it was a solution in
search
 of a problem <g>.
I use it a lot, to stop Win32 compilers from thinking that they're on
Win32, when
 I want to test some UNIX code.
#undef _WIN32 will work, too.
But that's in code. How would I insert that in the command-line of the Arturius tool-chain?
Jul 12 2004
"Matthew" <matthew hat.stlsoft.dot.org> wrote in message
news:ccv1iv$8o5$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]
You can add: -HImatthew.h where matthew.h contains: #undef _WIN32
Jul 12 2004
parent "Matthew Wilson" <dmd synesis.com.au> writes:
"Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:ccv4cj$cl2$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]
That's pretty cool. :) I can just have a well-known directory associated with the Arturius installation, and then translate -U for DMC++ to the above. And you call me devious ... ;)
Jul 13 2004