c++ - How do i use a compiler?

reply Luc <Luc_member pathlink.com> writes:
I'm new to c++ and downloaded 2 compilers but dont know how to use them. can
anybody help?
Aug 28 2003
parent reply "Greg Peet" <admin REMOVEMEgregpeet.com> writes:
"Luc" <Luc_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bil36a$130g$1 digitaldaemon.com...
| I'm new to c++ and downloaded 2 compilers but dont know how to use them.
can
| anybody help?

Is Digital Mars one of those compilers (this is a digital mars newsgroup).
Unzip the download to C:\. Then, add "c:\dm\bin" to your path:

On XP/NT:
Right click my computer, click properties, click the advanced tab, click
Environment Variables, then on bottom strings list find "Path" and click it
then Edit. Add this to the beginning: "C:\dm\bin";

You will also need to modify sc.ini (in c:\dm\bin) to include STLport for
std C++ support. Open the file in notepad and change the line INCLUDE to
this:
INCLUDE=""% P%\..\stlport\stlport";"% P%\..\include";"% P%\..
Aug 28 2003
parent reply "Greg Peet" <admin REMOVEMEgregpeet.com> writes:
I forgot to mention that once you get that all set up, post back again and
we can discuss using dmc.exe to compile your program.

It's basically,

dmc sourcefilename.cpp

then you run your program:

sourcefiename (don't type .exe after it)
Aug 28 2003
parent ben_solaron yahoo.com writes:
I think I did everything you said.  I'm not the person you first talked to but I
tried this too and would like to try to make a program, however, I would like to
start off with a more simple c program instead of c++.
Sep 14 2003