c++ - Yes!! wxWindows now build without errors

reply "Yeric" <REMOVEamigabloke yahoo.co.ukREMOVE> writes:
Hi all
Just to let you know that wxWindows CVS version built successfully using Dm
8.34.

also built some of the samples using the supplied makefiles ,dialogs bomb
and a few others.

Cant seem to build anything with IDDE though, anyone any ideas how to build
with IDDE ??
TIA
Aug 17 2003
parent reply Jan Knepper <jan smartsoft.us> writes:
Sure Arjan has done a lot of work on it and has been able for a long time to
build wxWindows with the IDDE.
I guess we will have to setup a new newsgroup as more and more people seem so
use wxWnidows.

Yeric wrote:

 Hi all
 Just to let you know that wxWindows CVS version built successfully using Dm
 8.34.

 also built some of the samples using the supplied makefiles ,dialogs bomb
 and a few others.

 Cant seem to build anything with IDDE though, anyone any ideas how to build
 with IDDE ??
 TIA
-- ManiaC++ Jan Knepper
Aug 17 2003
next sibling parent "Yeric" <REMOVEamigabloke yahoo.co.ukREMOVE> writes:
Yep good idea
wxWindows is wicked,

I tried including all files from makefile into IDDE project, to be able to
build it into IDDE would be great and sure beats ugly stuff built with app
express

cheers

maybe someone could do an idiots step by step guide to building one of
samples say dialogs for example using IDDE explaining what settings need to
be checked and wat files to include in path and in the project itself ??
TIA

news:3F3F7EA9.603B47C7 smartsoft.us...

 Yeric wrote:

 Hi all
 Just to let you know that wxWindows CVS version built successfully using
Dm
 8.34.

 also built some of the samples using the supplied makefiles ,dialogs
bomb
 and a few others.

 Cant seem to build anything with IDDE though, anyone any ideas how to
build
 with IDDE ??
 TIA
-- ManiaC++ Jan Knepper
Aug 17 2003
prev sibling parent reply Keith Fuller <Keith_member pathlink.com> writes:
First of all, may I ask if Jan Knepper and Arjan Knepper are different people?
It certainly seems so, but I was confused for a while.

Anyways, I would again like to suggest that if you are going to make a new
newsgroup, it should not be just for wxWindows alone, but for things that [have
been made to] work with Digital Mars products.  Just my 2 cents.

Cheers!
Keith Fuller
keithfx h*tmail.com

In article <3F3F7EA9.603B47C7 smartsoft.us>, Jan Knepper says...

--
ManiaC++
Jan Knepper
parent Jan Knepper <jan smartsoft.us> writes:
Keith Fuller wrote:
 First of all, may I ask if Jan Knepper and Arjan Knepper are different people?
 It certainly seems so, but I was confused for a while.
Yes they are... Arjan lives in Rotterdam, Netherlands, Europe. Jan lives in Petersburg, New Jersey, USofA.
 Anyways, I would again like to suggest that if you are going to make a new
 newsgroup, it should not be just for wxWindows alone, but for things that [have
 been made to] work with Digital Mars products.  Just my 2 cents.
Well, the idea is to keep messages with regards to DMC++ + <something else> separated. So my opinion would be to create over time: c++.wxWindows c++.boost. Like there already is c++.stlsoft, c++.stl (general), c++.stl.hp (HP STL), c++.stl.sgi (SGI STL), c++.stl.port (STLport) etc... -- ManiaC++ Jan Knepper
Aug 22 2003