c++ - Warnings

reply "Matthew Wilson" <matthew stlsoft.org> writes:
I'm build with -wx, but am getting

"absolute_path_test\absolute_path_test.cpp(40) : Warning 18: implied return
of __uninitialized_copy_aux at closing '}' does not return value"

which is killing my build. Without changing STLs or editing the STL that
comes with the compiler, I need to get rid of this warning.

Is there a way to specify to the compiler to suppress certain warnings?

TAI

Matthew
Jun 28 2003
parent reply Richard Grant <fractal clark.net> writes:
In article <bdlqba$2enr$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Matthew Wilson says...

Is there a way to specify to the compiler to suppress certain warnings?
-w[errno] like -w18 Richard
Jun 29 2003
next sibling parent "Matthew Wilson" <matthew stlsoft.org> writes:
Brilliant.

Thanks for that. :)

(Another case of not seeing the wood for the trees, <blush>)

"Richard Grant" <fractal clark.net> wrote in message
news:bdn8nm$nr2$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 In article <bdlqba$2enr$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Matthew Wilson says...

Is there a way to specify to the compiler to suppress certain warnings?
-w[errno] like -w18 Richard
Jun 29 2003
prev sibling parent reply "Matthew Wilson" <matthew stlsoft.org> writes:
One other thing ... is there a way to do it in code?

Thanks

"Richard Grant" <fractal clark.net> wrote in message
news:bdn8nm$nr2$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 In article <bdlqba$2enr$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Matthew Wilson says...

Is there a way to specify to the compiler to suppress certain warnings?
-w[errno] like -w18 Richard
Jun 29 2003
parent reply "Wichetael" <wichetael gmx.net> writes:
Uh, fix the code so that it always return a value... :p

Sorry, couldn't help myself...

Regards,
Remko van der Vossen

"Matthew Wilson" <matthew stlsoft.org> wrote in message
news:bdnn63$17dq$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 One other thing ... is there a way to do it in code?

 Thanks

 "Richard Grant" <fractal clark.net> wrote in message
 news:bdn8nm$nr2$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 In article <bdlqba$2enr$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Matthew Wilson says...

Is there a way to specify to the compiler to suppress certain warnings?
-w[errno] like -w18 Richard
Jun 30 2003
parent reply "Matthew Wilson" <matthew stlsoft.org> writes:
Doing that in my own code doesn't help anyone who then uses the same
makefiles for their own downloaded versions of DMC++, with the flawed STL
files.

If you mean fix the STL files at source, then I guess that's up to Walter

"Wichetael" <wichetael gmx.net> wrote in message
news:bdq5ub$10i5$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Uh, fix the code so that it always return a value... :p

 Sorry, couldn't help myself...

 Regards,
 Remko van der Vossen

 "Matthew Wilson" <matthew stlsoft.org> wrote in message
 news:bdnn63$17dq$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 One other thing ... is there a way to do it in code?

 Thanks

 "Richard Grant" <fractal clark.net> wrote in message
 news:bdn8nm$nr2$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 In article <bdlqba$2enr$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Matthew Wilson says...

Is there a way to specify to the compiler to suppress certain
warnings?
 -w[errno]

 like -w18

 Richard
Jun 30 2003
parent reply "Wichetael" <wichetael gmx.net> writes:
How about using STLport instead, I never had any problems with that myself.

Regards,
Remko van der Vossen.

"Matthew Wilson" <matthew stlsoft.org> wrote in message
news:bdqf4r$1aar$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

I do. However I'm currently writing test projects and makefiles for the next
release of STLSoft, and they have to be compatible with all reasonable
permutations of compilers/libraries.

"Wichetael" <wichetael gmx.net> wrote in message
news:bdr4jg$20vr$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

parent reply "Greg Peet" <admin gregpeet.com> writes:
Then don't support SGI's STL. Simple!

=P

"Matthew Wilson" <matthew stlsoft.org> wrote in message
news:bdr958$2572$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

Jul 01 2003
parent reply "Matthew Wilson" <matthew stlsoft.org> writes:
STLSoft supports DMC++, and DMC++ supports SGI & STLport, so STLSoft must do
also.

"Greg Peet" <admin gregpeet.com> wrote in message
news:bdt2r2$u2h$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

Maybe DMC++ will begin using STLPort natively rather than SGI =)
<winks at Walter>

"Matthew Wilson" <matthew stlsoft.org> wrote in message
news:bdt3sp$vab$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

Still backwards compatibility to consider ...

Stop trying to make my life easier!!

Martin the masochist

"Greg Peet" <admin gregpeet.com> wrote in message
news:bdt7at$133t$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

STLport is not the default because it slows down compilation.
Jul 03 2003
parent reply "Greg Peet" <admin gregpeet.com> writes:
news:be2jmp$s8s$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 STLport is not the default because it slows down compilation.
Wow really? Is it just the iostreams or the whole STL?
Jul 07 2003
"Greg Peet" <admin gregpeet.com> wrote in message
news:beb91c$2sau$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 news:be2jmp$s8s$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 STLport is not the default because it slows down compilation.
Wow really? Is it just the iostreams or the whole STL?
It's all the extra file lookups.
Jul 07 2003