c++ - Compiler and linker

reply "C-Noob" <C-Noob Noob.com> writes:
hello,

Can we call the linker with the compiler ?
I want to compile my code and link my resources in same time.

Thanks.

C-Noob
"C-Noob" <C-Noob Noob.com> wrote in message
news:bd92ui$s13$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 hello,

 Can we call the linker with the compiler ?
Yes: dmc hello.obj will do the link.
 I want to compile my code and link my resources in same time.

 Thanks.

 C-Noob
Jun 24 2003
parent reply C-Noob <C-Noob_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <bd9s25$1mmg$2 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
"C-Noob" <C-Noob Noob.com> wrote in message
news:bd92ui$s13$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 hello,

 Can we call the linker with the compiler ?
Yes: dmc hello.obj will do the link.
 I want to compile my code and link my resources in same time.

 Thanks.

 C-Noob
Ok thanks, Can we use a pragma directive with dmc to call the linker ? like : #pragma resource "myres.res" thanks. C-Noob
"C-Noob" <C-Noob_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bdjret$ljj$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Can we use a pragma directive with dmc to call the linker ?
 like : #pragma resource "myres.res"
No, the resource files go on the linker command line after the .def file. See www.digitalmars.com/ctg/ctg.html and click on "Optlink" for command line syntax.
Jun 29 2003