c++ - MSDOS + STLport

reply user domain.invalid writes:
Hi,

I'd like to use the stlport library in a DOS application (esspecialy iostream
and
the containers).

1) Is it possible?
2) Has anyone used it?
3) Do you have any hints how to make suitable library?
4) Are there any special problems I could encounter?

Thanks in advance,
Michal
Apr 25 2003
next sibling parent "Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> writes:
<user domain.invalid> wrote in message
news:3EA8F969.8010106 domain.invalid...
 Hi,

 I'd like to use the stlport library in a DOS application (esspecialy
iostream and
 the containers).

 1) Is it possible?
 2) Has anyone used it?
 3) Do you have any hints how to make suitable library?
 4) Are there any special problems I could encounter?

 Thanks in advance,
 Michal
I don't think anyone has tried it. One problem you may run into is it being too large.
Apr 25 2003
prev sibling parent Larry Brasfield <larry_brasfield snotmail.com> writes:
In article <3EA8F969.8010106 domain.invalid>,
user domain.invalid (user domain.invalid) says...
 Hi,
Hi.
 I'd like to use the stlport library in a DOS application (esspecialy iostream
and
 the containers).

 1) Is it possible?
Yes.
 2) Has anyone used it?
I did portions of an application port from DOS-targetted bare C++ to C++ with templates using DMC. Before that, I made sure that the basic containers and cout worked.
 3) Do you have any hints how to make suitable library?
Study the intended usage?
 4) Are there any special problems I could encounter?
As somebody mentioned, size can become a problem. But 600K is still a lot of code. -- -Larry Brasfield (address munged, s/sn/h/ to reply)
Apr 27 2003