c++ - Xerces-C++ on DMC

reply lesnin rpi.edu writes:
Hello there,
I would like to know if anyone has tried to use Xerces-C++
(http://xml.apache.org) with DMC, and how successful such attempts were.  I have
only spent a few hours so far in my attempt, but I am already becoming
frusterated with some obscure errors that make less then no sense.  I'm also
getting frusterated with the fact that I had to disable namespaces and I
couldn't get wchar_t to work (yes I specified the -Aw flag in the command-line),
which were minor setbacks and relatively easy to deal with, but I'd prefer to
keep them in if possible.

If anyone else is interested in using Xerces-C++ with DMC (and Xalan-C++ when
Xerces-C++ is done with) then I'd be glad to work with you in making it happen.

If this topic has already been discussed in the newsgroup then please don't get
upset with me, I simply could not search through literally thousands of
messages.

--Nick
Feb 21 2003
next sibling parent "Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> writes:
I think you're the first to try it. If you can isolate down the problems, we
can have a go at fixing them. -Walter
Feb 22 2003
prev sibling parent "Matthew Wilson" <dmd synesis.com.au> writes:
Nick

I did some work on it for an article that's out in next months Windows
Developer Magazine, and easily managed to get it (or at least the part of it
that I was using: DOM parser, etc.) to compile, by amending the
AutoSense.hpp and XercesDefs.hpp files, and adding a DigitalMarsCDefs.hpp.

However, when I tried to convert xerces-c_2.lib to a compatible format (see
Daniel Fazekas' post on 16th December 2002), I got the error

 COFF2OMF: Converting
'h:\publishing\articles\wdj\articles\publishing\xmlstl\test\xerces_test\dm83
3\xerces-c_2.lib'
 COFF2OMF: Too many symbols in
'h:\publishing\articles\wdj\articles\publishing\xmlstl\test\xerces_test\dm83
3\xerces-c_2.lib' (652 dictionary pages needed)

and ran out of time to investigate further.

I'd be keen to hear of your exploits, and would be happy to lend an opinion
here and there. Let me know if you want the headers I changed/added

Matthew